Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Struggling and on holiday.

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
Hi.. I know being on holiday its meant to be a happy time. For me its not been that happy. Me and my friend arent getting along very well and I want to come home. My friends mental health isnt that good atm and I dont know what to do. She is in bed atm I have come out to clear my head. I want to try and enjoy the rest of the holiday but things are difficult.

Not sure what to do. :(

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey there BananaMonkey,

It was great seeing you in chat this evening, and I do hope you were able to talk a bit about your friend then to. How are you doing? It sounds like being on Holiday is quite difficult at the moment, and it can be difficult managing someone else's mental health on top of yours, you however, need to look after yourself. I saw the pictures of your holiday on Facebook, they were absolutely beautiful! - You have quite the photographic eye, and it seems like quite a relaxing place to be.

Maybe it's about keeping your friend distracted throughout the day, I find being distracted can really help, like a set amount of tasks during the day, and things you want to see before you leave, for example a Holiday Bucket list, how would you feel about doing something like that?

Do let us know how you and your friend are getting on beautifuls :heart:

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Thank you lots for your reply whispersoftheheart :)
    I am okay now. We had a pretty chilled out evening. I am just finding it hard being away from home for this amount of time.

I love taking pictures helps to chill me out. Glad you liked the pics and its a lovely place to be right now.

I like the idea of a bucket list. We have plans for the last few days so hopefulky that helps. I just feel somewhat responsable to make sure she is safe and okay.

I dunno...

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    Thank you lots for your reply whispersoftheheart :)
    I am okay now. We had a pretty chilled out evening. I am just finding it hard being away from home for this amount of time.

I love taking pictures helps to chill me out. Glad you liked the pics and its a lovely place to be right now.

I like the idea of a bucket list. We have plans for the last few days so hopefulky that helps. I just feel somewhat responsable to make sure she is safe and okay.

I dunno...

Chilled evening are lovely - I do hope there were s'mores ;) However, you aren't responsible for her safety, however, if she does hit a crisis point, please call out for an ambulance, and remember to look after yourself, it won't help the situation if both of you are having breakdowns. What plans do you have for tomorrow?

Try listening to music, and doing stuff that cools you down if you do feel as though things are getting to you, for example a lovely warm bath?
    Friend was okay last night and seemed a lot more happier. I feel fine just didnt deal with her minor breakdown very well. But I am okay.

Uhm.. today think we are just gonna have a chilled day, swimming and may take some time for myself and go on a walk.

I would love to have a bath but hotel only has showers cant wait to go home and have a bath. The shower is well weird here. ;)

:( meh

:( meh

What's going on beautiful? Has something happened on holiday?
    Just feel so rubbish. My tooth is killing me. My legs and hip hurt and want to come home. This holiday has made me realise going away with a friend is a bad idea. I hate that I cant just go home. I know it sounds really lame, but this is the longest I have been away from home without a family member and even though I argue with my family lots I love them and miss them heaps. I spoke to the little sister and my mum though. Just hate feeling like this. :(

I know it sounds so stupid.

Just feel so rubbish. My tooth is killing me. My legs and hip hurt and want to come home. This holiday has made me realise going away with a friend is a bad idea. I hate that I cant just go home. I know it sounds really lame, but this is the longest I have been away from home without a family member and even though I argue with my family lots I love them and miss them heaps. I spoke to the little sister and my mum though. Just hate feeling like this. :(

I know it sounds so stupid.

It doesn't sound stupid/lame at all, often a change of enviroment can be difficult for many people, we don't really realize it until we've actually changed environment. Can you take anything at all for the pain, try and relax a bit, when do you get to go home?

What do you have planned for today, lovely?
    Ive been taking ibuprofen which helps my tooth but does nothing for my legs. I brought some co cocadomal but that knocks me out.

I dont know what were doing today. Friends in bed atm. She prob wont be awake til about 1pm ish. I am home on Tuesday. We leave monday night.

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi I'm sorry to hear that u are not having s good time on holiday. Have u tried getting ur friend to seek counselling? Proberly best to gently advise her to talk to someone how she is feeling. I know making the step is hard but by supporting her and telling her how she will be ok will give her the confidence to seek help. May not be something she wants to do now but the option is there. Is there anyone else who knows about her situation? I think she needs to reeapise how much of an effect its having on u and again try not to be angry with her about it but being open and fair is what will bring the situation to light. Hope that helps and I'm glad u did have a good evening with her. Yh keeping taking the tablets and that should calm down the pain and drink plenty of water two.
    Crazykiss wrote: »
    Hi I'm sorry to hear that u are not having s good time on holiday. Have u tried getting ur friend to seek counselling? Proberly best to gently advise her to talk to someone how she is feeling. I know making the step is hard but by supporting her and telling her how she will be ok will give her the confidence to seek help. May not be something she wants to do now but the option is there. Is there anyone else who knows about her situation? I think she needs to reeapise how much of an effect its having on u and again try not to be angry with her about it but being open and fair is what will bring the situation to light. Hope that helps and I'm glad u did have a good evening with her. Yh keeping taking the tablets and that should calm down the pain and drink plenty of water two.

My friend has proffesional support, she just tells me loads of stuff though, which is sometimes difficult to deal with.
    Coming home tonight, be home by about 6am tomorrow morning. Never thought id want to be home as much as I do right now.
    That's good that she can confide in u as a friend. Goes to show that u are a good friend to her who cares and wants her to get better. It's hard when u have a friend who has a problem u can't resolve but try anything to be there for them but they don't want u to or anyone to but it's amazing how she looks up to u as a friend as some people don't like anyone to help them and want to be left alone. That's kind of like me lol. I think ur doing everything u can to be there for her but I think u cant be with her 24/7 so maybe having someone she can go to like a counselor now and again will help her confide in someone else two. You can be there as a friend but professional would be good at this stage. I would carry on being there for her but now u should say about seeking professional help as u are concerned and u think it's best that she thinks about that for the future. That's all u need to say, don't pressure her. That's the last thing u wanna do. It's shame u couldn't enjoy ur holiday but now ur going back home maybe it's time to think about u and friends friendship before it gets worse to 'the point she does something to herself. Nice to know that u both had a chilled out break so don't leave on a bad note. Got some good memorys to take home with u. Hope I have helped.
    Sooo glad to be home. :-)

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey BananaMonkey,

Glad you're feeling a bit better now you're home. It sounds like the holiday wasn't that great an experience?
    Are you back to work soon?
    It was really tough. I thought it would of been lovely to get away but it wasn't. Things with my friend got worse and I couldn't bare to be around her. I just needed my own space. I have taken it as a learning experience though. I may go away with a friend again, just not her. I know that makes me a really horrible person. I just felt so responsible for her and when her mental health was bad I wasn't able to enjoy my holiday cos I was worried about her. I can't do it any more I know that makes me a crap friend, but I need to focus on myself, it's time I distanced myself from her. I am actually doing really well at the minute since going back on my medication, and I don't want to risk anything ruining that. It has taken me a while to sort my life out and now I am on the right track I don't want to make things bad again.

I am back to work tomorrow- however I am doing a SENCO course(at long last) so I am not at work til the afternoon, I have missed the children, and can't wait to get back into routine. I have missed having that routine and it's been quite difficult for me to adjust too. I guess when I am off on holiday usually but not doing much I can stick to a routine in a way, but it was hard being abroad.

I am so glad to be back.
    Hope you were ok the last few days! Glad you are back BananaMonkey x :P
    Glad u are back home safe and sound BananaMonkey. I'm glad u had time to think over the past few days whilst being on holiday and the same goes to ur friend two. Hope u are well and talk to u soon :)
    I just wanted to post and say a big thank you for the amazing support I have received on my thread through what was a very stressful time for me- even with being on holiday and supposed to be relaxing.

It made such a difference to my own mental health to be able to post on here when I was finding things difficult while I was away.

I can't thank you all enough you literally helped me so much, and I appreciate it so much.

So a massive THANK YOU for taking the time to support me, and be there for me. :heart:
    Your welcome BananaMonkey! Everyone is hear to either help or to listen and its good that u have noticed a lot of support from other people but I would like to say thank u to u because u do give out great advice when someone feels lost or on there own. That's what I have noticed with u and ur a lovely girl to have done that. Hopefully u and ur friend can start over again as u didn't have the best start to ur holiday but it's good that u have been there for her when she's not been ok. Not just her whats helping for her to get better but for u to have had pressure from her to be there for her is a true friend it's self. When she needed u that was when u were there and there for her all those other times. When she knows what u have really done for her she will give u the massive thank u any friend could wish for. You deserve an award :)