Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do I need to be assessed?!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi!
I've just been for my first counsilng appointment & she's is concerned about my mental health & thinks I need to be assessed!
I'm not sure what to do, I'm having a mini break down, for the last few days I've been self harming & hve started hearing voices again.
I'm now just sitting here not sure what to do, I've self harmed & taken some cocodamol and now I'm just feeling numb!
I'm beinging to think she's right? Do I need to get myself to a&e or will I be okay? I really don't trust myself right now.

Ally xox

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you feel able to then yes, A&E would be a good place to get yourself right now. *hug*
    I will try my gardens to get there. I'm just scared, last time I was there, the physiatrist I spoke to was horrible an made me feel even worse.
    Damn autocorrect, hardest not gardens
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I'm sorry past experiences haven't been that great, but as you know, Co-codamol (Just one) is really strong. Could you phone an ambulance, or call a friend down to take you? Try focussing on getting yourself to A&E before worrying over the assessment. How have you got down to A&E in the past?
    I've got my boyfriends mum to come and take me. I'm trying my hardest to not think about the assessment but it's so hard not too I'm generally terrified!
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Ally** wrote: »
    I've got my boyfriends mum to come and take me. I'm trying my hardest to not think about the assessment but it's so hard not too I'm generally terrified!

It's not uncommon to worry about assessments, they can be quite a scary thought, but often what leads to the right support for you, and which direction support for you should go. I'm glad you've got your Boy friends mum to take you down, do keep us updated and let us know how you're doing!

Did your therapist/counsellor tell you a bit about what was going to happen at the assessment at all? It may help to text your therapist, and express your worries to them, it might be about being reassured, if not anything else,

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
    So I've been assessed and discharged. But now I'm just in the same place I still wanna take my life and Im still sitting here self harming and trying to convince myself I'm fine!
    Ally** wrote: »
    So I've been assessed and discharged. But now I'm just in the same place I still wanna take my life and Im still sitting here self harming and trying to convince myself I'm fine!

Hey Ally, looks like a pretty late night for you. I hope you managed to get some rest in the end? Do you have anyone you can talk to about how you're feeling at the moment? You mentioned your boyfriend's mum was able to come and take you to A & E so it sounds like you've got some support around you which is really good to hear, you don't have to cope all on your own and we're here to listen as well :yes:

How are you feeling about the assessment? Did they talk to you about next steps? Starting counselling can be pretty overwhelming but once you get to know your counsellor a bit better you might find it's a really helpful outlet for all your thoughts and feelings.

Let us know how you're doing today *hug*
    Hey! Yeah I managed to get a few hours here & there. I've got my boyfriend & his family & a few close friends who know how am feeling & I could probably talk to, it just makes me feel sick when I think about telling them everything!

The assessment didn't help me in the slightest & I'm feeling like it was a waste. They've arranged for me have a visit from the home treatment team today so I'm waiting on that.
    Hey Ally
    Just thought I would check in to see how things are going :)
    Hey, things aren't to great tbh! Just waiting for the psychiatrist to come out to assess me tomorrow!

My mood is just awful tho! & I just can't seem to shake the feeling that everyone would be better off without me, I'm just feeling so worthless! I just don't know what to do!!
    Hey Ally,

How are you feeling today? How did things go with the psychiatrist?

*hug*
    Hey Ally, how did it go with the psychiatrist yesterday?

It sounds like your self-esteem is really suffering, you say you feel worthless :( We've got some good advice on building self-esteem here on TheSite that you might find useful to read: http://www.thesite.org/mental-health/body-image-and-self-esteem/building-self-esteem-5940.html

You might not be able to take all of this advice but even making some small steps like trying not to spend too much time on your own can help. Our low self esteem article also suggests this:
    Try something you know you can do but usually wouldn’t, like sending a text to someone you haven’t seen in a while

Connecting with other can not only be a great distraction but it can help to lift your mood too.

Let us know how you're doing *hug*
    Hey! It didn't go to bad, they've given some tablets to try & asked me think about self admitting myself before to hospital for a few days before the control gets out of my own hands and I end up being sectioned.

Not sure how I'm feeling about it all, I just feel numb! xxx