Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Just found out grandad has passed away

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just literally got off the phone from my mum and she has told me my grandad has passed away :crying: I can't stop crying and wanting to take my own life and start cutting. I don't know what to do anymore :crying:

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Moneysocks,

Firstly, welcome to TheSite - I love your name and avatar. :wave:

It sounds like you might be in shock? It's natural to cry, and often a really good release, particularly when you've just learned of the loss of someone really important to you. Do you want to tell us a bit more about what's going through your head right now?

If the emotions you're feeling are overwhelming, then it's understandable that you're looking for an outlet. Is cutting something you've done in the past to cope when something has been particularly hard to deal with? If that's the case, then if you feel like you're at a stage where you want to find other ways to cope, then you might find this helpful: http://www.thesite.org/mental-health/self-harm/self-harmcoping-tips-and-distractions-5696.html

Sometimes when we feel so devastated by something it can feel like our whole world has come to standstill and there's nothing left. This intensity of feeling won't last forever, but the impact it creates in the here and now can be really powerful. So, for that reason, it's really positive that you've posted here because sometimes just being able to talk about what's happened and how it's made you feel can feel like a relief.

We have live chat tonight too if you feel like some company might be helpful:

http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

Take care *hug* and feel free to post as often as you feel is helpful.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey welcome :)

So sorry to heear about ur grandad. Just rember that he looking over u now and I know ud want him with u too. He still be pround of u no matter what he being smiling at u.

I know who it feels I lost my granma a few weeks ago :( its horrable. Its natural to cry

Have u tryed speaking to samatians they rhere 24 / 7 days a week. Have u spoken to ur
    famliey about it to get support and u can support them.
    Heres some links
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I'm so sorry for your loss MonkeySocks, Helen has said it all, really, I just wanted to add, that Cruse Bereavement have a helpline you can call, it can often help being able to explore these emotions with someone, but you're not alone, you can call them on, 0844 477 9400, and they also have an E-mail - helpline@cruse.org.uk and also have ways to look at Cruse centre's near you, do keep reaching out here :heart:

Also to echo Helen again, you do have a fabulous name! Much love!

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart