Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why do i feel like this :( .. taking things personally

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know why I feel like this but I always seem to take things personally and for it to get to me easily. I'm an all rounded person who is ok generally though when something happens I take everything personally but it a nor my fault as that's the kind of person I am and it's never usually me what starts getting worked up about it. Having an argument or someone saying something. What do I do? I'm happyabout myself so why is this a problem?

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey there CrazyKiss,

It's great that you've managed to identify that you do take things personally, but are also aware that it's not fault. I find assessing a situation before going into a full blown emotional wreck helps, being able to look at alternatives, why that comment was made, etc. Just being able to take a step back, and reassure yourself, I'm assuming you've analysed a situation before as you've mentioned it's not your fault.

It could also be down to low self esteem, even though you may be happy with yourself, aspects of low self esteem can crop up, maybe it's about doing gradual tasks to improve your self esteem?

Do keep us updated,
    Best wishes
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank You for advice whispers of the heart. I can understand where ur coming from by preparin urself on what to say before u say it. Sometimes I never do things in the right order at first but practice makes perfect I guess. I'm very much a fairly confident person but I'm the sort of person who does worry a lot and is hard on themselves. I think maybe it could be low self esteem but more of a nerves thing instead. I don't know but will keep u up to date on everything else.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey again Crazykiss,

If you're not sure whether it's a self-esteem thing, we've got an article on TheSite that might help you work it out. Might be worth a read :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Crazykiss wrote: »
    Thank You for advice whispers of the heart. I can understand where ur coming from by preparin urself on what to say before u say it. Sometimes I never do things in the right order at first but practice makes perfect I guess. I'm very much a fairly confident person but I'm the sort of person who does worry a lot and is hard on themselves. I think maybe it could be low self esteem but more of a nerves thing instead. I don't know but will keep u up to date on everything else.

Nothing is ever perfect, however, practice does make it better than the last time you had done something. I guess it's really allowing yourself to push yourself, and getting out of your comfort zone more often. Have you ever taken part in TheSite.org chat's before, they have one on Anxiety coming up soon, which might be a good to sign up to?

TheSite.org will be running a special workshop focussed on anxiety, I think it's in chat, don't hold me on it though ;) - http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/171756-Action-on-Anxiety-workshop-Thursday-3rd-July-7-9pm - TheSite.org also have a great article on what is anxiety, which is worth checking out if you have the time!

Would you like to tell us a bit more about situation you've found difficult, or struggled with? :)

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you James for ur advice. I will have a look at that article afterwards. Thanks again. Whispers of the heart thanks for ur advice two. I know what u mean by practicing does make it perfect and doing that will help my self esteem in the long run. I am trying to stay postive and its really hard cuz I'm not a postive person. I have taken part in the chat on here and I do like it as I meet a lot of new people when I'm signed up to it. Last week was my first week of going on there and it helped. I see now that everyone had their own problems so I can think postive in knowing that I'm not the only one. James just said to me that I could have a look at the article what mentions about anxiety and depression so I will look at that. I feel that I am in a much better place as I was before but that's for me to know. When the next chat comes up about self esteem then I will make sure I am there for that as I haven't been adviced by anyone yet and it will be good to have a topic I can relate to. When do u think that support chat will be? I have now looked up the days and times of when the chat is on but never know what kind of chat it is. They never say what the chat will be about. Would like to find out when the next anxiety chat will be. That would be good :) thank you for ur advice James and Whispers Of The Heart :)