Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Could I get pregnant from this? Worrying :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heya,

Basically I've been seeing this guy for some time now and we have been taking things slow. The other night we finally felt we were at the right stage and we spontaneously had sex, we used a condom and played it safe.

Anyway once we had finished he sorted himself out (removed the condom etc) and we laid on the bed for half an hour or more just having a chat and then all of a sudden we just randomly went for round 2. Im slightly worried now as we got into the heat of the moment and we went in unprotected for a few minutes but then stopped and went to get a condom.

Im worried now that he may have had some sperm left on him from the previous session

I know you should always use contraception and I am aware of the consequences just a little worried now.

Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    Hey. :) It's great that you've made the effort to be safe and careful. My honest advice would be, if you're in doubt, get a test.

However, it's worth noting that while it is *technically* possible to become pregnant with contact to pre-ejaculate (I'm assuming that's all you came in touch with), it is extremely unlikely; while it's true that it takes a single sperm to fertilise an egg, it takes millions to break down the wall - millions you don't generally have without a full 'finish'. The tiny amount would need to find its way to the right ovary *and* break down the wall outside the egg. This is extremely unlikely purely because of the tiny volume of sperm contained in pre-ejaculate, compared to that of a full 'finish' (which is nearly always required for pregnancy, unless other methods like IVF are used). But, I reiterate, it is possible, despite the chances being extremely minimal.

I would say don't freak out, but get a test to be on the safe side if you're worried about it. :) Hope this helps!

Good luck!

P.S. using a second layer of contraception like the pill, implant, or coil with a condom would help prevent panics like this in future. :)
  • Options
    MikeS wrote: »
    Hey. :) It's great that you've made the effort to be safe and careful. My honest advice would be, if you're in doubt, get a test.

However, it's worth noting that while it is *technically* possible to become pregnant with contact to pre-ejaculate (I'm assuming that's all you came in touch with), it is extremely unlikely; while it's true that it takes a single sperm to fertilise an egg, it takes millions to break down the wall - millions you don't generally have without a full 'finish'. The tiny amount would need to find its way to the right ovary *and* break down the wall outside the egg. This is extremely unlikely purely because of the tiny volume of sperm contained in pre-ejaculate, compared to that of a full 'finish' (which is nearly always required for pregnancy, unless other methods like IVF are used). But, I reiterate, it is possible, despite the chances being extremely minimal.

I would say don't freak out, but get a test to be on the safe side if you're worried about it. :) Hope this helps!

Good luck!

P.S. using a second layer of contraception like the pill, implant, or coil with a condom would help prevent panics like this in future. :)

Thank you so much for your reply. Feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder, I will take your advice and get a test done just to be sure.
  • Options
    No trouble at all. :) I had a similar scare with my girlfriend a short while ago. If I'm wrong on anything I'm sure a mod will be quick to correct me!

Stay safe and feel free to keep us posted.