Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How do I block people?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys

I have created a few threads which I thought would help others, the only problem is, it is the same people that always reply to my comments - they just cannot seem to help themselves. If I don't think my comments will help others I don't comment - what is the point?

I want to create a thread where general comments are restricted because it would defeat the point of creating the thread. However, the people that just will not shut up will comment anyway - how do I stop this?

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You'll just have to add them to your ignore list, which you'll find under settings.

Your comments aren't actually ever helpful though so got to admit that I do agree with these people.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    You can't stop someone from physically posting, however, you can choose to ignore it, and there are settings under your setting tab #ToStateTheObvious for you to do so. However, keeping that in mind, users can still respond to your threads/post, and you'll then get the option of whether you decide to view it or not.

This is a forum, so you'll have that comment every now and then, as it's what makes this place a community, if you don't want people to respond, then don't post, it's really as simple as that. People are in control of what they say, and saying 'They just cannot seem to help themselves' is a judgement, you can't possibly know that now, can you?

The thing I like about this community is how they challenge users! However, again, this is an online community, you'll get general comments, and other comments!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Whispers

I agree with most of what you say. It is a forum where criticism and discussion should take place. Sadly however, half the time on here discussions turn into arguments instead of people just accepting and respecting peoples' opinions - most of the time I am not involved.

The thread I was going to create should not be a discussion thread, but an opinionated one where people only comment once. It defeats the point of creating it otherwise. You can get all the information/comments that would have been in the thread if you know where to look, I've not seen any similar threads on this site though.

I'm usually a timid type of person, I don't have the patience to argue with people. Anyways, thanks for commenting :)