Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

summer holidays.... help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
right firstly i think this is the best place for this post cause i have no clue where it would come under lol

So i have 1 exam left yay! :D but also means the 11 week summer has begun and some may know i struggle with summer as it is as it means no time with friends or in a routine and no school and just so much change. the 11 weeks is basically 3 months off which is more scary than anything ever!
I struggle being at home alot due to family stuff.... but that done matter. my main problem is im bored already and its only day 1.

Im basically asking for any help on ideas or fun things to do this summer, im away for around 4 weeks of the summer 2 of which are a family holiday... wish me luck with that one! I've got a few ideas down already....

*tidy room and organize it all
*catch up on some reading, but that one will be more a holiday one.
*go on runs every day where possible and maybe some bike rides
*Go to the theatre to see 3 shows
*To draw this picture another 5 times and colour it in 4 weird ways
*help in garden

and thats bout it really.... you may be thinking i should meet up with friends but thats not really possible as i live in tiny village with a lack of public transport and im skint! :p

any ideas is muchly appreciated :) thanks guys x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    What about a craft project, e.g. sewing, knitting, crochet, painting or something? It would take up some of your time, too :)
    I'm not sure how old you are, but could you help out with something locally, e.g. a charity shop or playgroup/childrens thingy?
    Learn a language?

That's all I can think of for the moment tbh!
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    movie marathons :P wreck this journal, swimming, sunbathing, picnics :D
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    rosebud wrote: »

and thats bout it really.... you may be thinking i should meet up with friends but thats not really possible as i live in tiny village with a lack of public transport and im skint! :p

any ideas is muchly appreciated :) thanks guys x

Could friends join you on bike rides? Or maybe volunteering as they tend to cover expenses and maybe there are things you could ride to? This topic is travel & free time by the way, so gonna move it over there :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey, thanks for replying guys! :)
    (as normal im working through comments backwards lol)

Helen: thanks, im so bad at picking where to put threads! I think bike rides with friends would be fun, just my friends live 40 mins away in car as were not in same villages so probably wont happen. I would love to volunteer somewhere, but there is no where to volunteer locally :(

bubble: Movie marathon.... i like this idea! :D means going to buy some films me think, harry potter marathon only works a few times lol. any good film suggestions? swimming= no cause of allergies, wreck the journal is a deffo! just need to buy one. and picnics! :D im liking these ideas

plugitin: firstly im 16 so still ickle one, language id love to do sadly i have a memory like a sieve so wont work. craft wise i like these ideas, i might try knitting something again as i did that last summer. considering doing a scrap book well starting one, but not sure. any other easy ideas craft related?

Thanks for all the replies guys! :) means a lot, giving me more ideas indeed is helping. Has anyone else got any weird ideas? the more creative and random the better x
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    There is a website called ravelry with lots of project ideas on there which may help... from easy to difficult and so many ideas. so maybe try that?

or if you see something say on etsy, try and make it for yourself? I don't know where I'd look apart from Ravelry really... mayeb google craft ideas?