Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

CRB check and my job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I am currently in the process of being promoted to a store managers position and am waiting for the CRB check to come through. Unfortunately I have several assaults (minor incidents) but one in which I got 3 months prison for. With a few other petty crime incidents against my name around 14 incidents such as handling stolen goods and vandalism. All magistrate convictions from the age of 23 and under, Is this going to hinder me ??.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends what the job is really. If itd working with old people or mids u wont be able to.

http://www.thesite.org/work-and-study/getting-a-job/finding-work-with-a-criminal-record-1221.html
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have they said why you need a CRB check?

Usually there's a box on the job application for you to declare any previous convictions - so the result of the CRB shouldn't be a surprise. Was there anything like that?
  • PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    Hi Ghent,

Great news that you are on track for a promotion!

I found this diagram the other day, you might find this diagram useful, it explains the disclosure process and what you have to/need to disclose and when: https://www.pnld.co.uk/docportal/content/Disclosure%20of%20Cautions%20and%20Convictions.pdf it's

I hope this helps and good luck with the promotion!:thumb:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Have they said why you need a CRB check?

Usually there's a box on the job application for you to declare any previous convictions - so the result of the CRB shouldn't be a surprise. Was there anything like that?

You do not have to declare spent convictions but a CRB check will list all convictions spent or not, any cautions and warnings.
    I had a conviction for Violent Dissorder in 2001. I never declared it even when it wasn't spent but back then employers doing a CRB wasnt that common.
    Weekender Offender