Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

side scrolly thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Heyy just wanted to suggest changing the colour of the scroll bar (currently it's dark grey on light grey) as it's quite difficult to see with the screen brightness down low, especially on mobile. The one on the home page next to all the categories (drink and drugs, discussion boards etc) especially blends in a lot and can be a bit annoying. I just feel if the actual bit you move was a bolder colour (maybe the blue) it'd be better.

Sorry if that makes no sense :L
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey B-A,

I've just checked with our tech team, and they say this is probably a browser thing. Are you using Chrome by any chance?
    If you can, try a different browser and see if the scroll bar is a bit clearer :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't think my nexus would let me. It's made by Google ;) haha. I'll have a look on my laptop to see if it's any better on Firefox! Thanks Jpick ("James")
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I wrote a long reply here but apparently it wasn't posted...
    In short, a website can't change the scrollbars because they're part of the UI and not content. If your browser follows the system theme, your OS might have a setting. Otherwise, your browser itself. Unfortunately it seems that customisability is considered to be a bad thing nowadays so you probably won't find such a setting.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ah okay thanks indrid