Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The 7 (digital) deadly sins

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
attachment.php?attachmentid=17020&d=1402060812.jpg

The Guardian have made a mini-site about what they call the '7 deadly digital sins'

It's pretty cool, with lots of videos, stories, polls and articles about how people use tech badly and the effects it has on us.

I found myself agreeing with a lot of it, especially some of the bits in the 'envy' section - I do get a bit jealous when a friend uploads amazing holiday pics of somewhere exotic onto Facebook, for example!

It's really worth a visit

Plus, there's a video of Bill Bailey with a giant tortoise! What's not to like?*

attachment.php?attachmentid=17021&d=1402062867.jpg

* P.s. after browsing around the site for a bit, you'll realise how ironic that sentence is!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dosnt work james
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    It's quite a big site, so it might not work on mobile devices or on slow internet connections.
    Maybe try on a computer in Chrome or Firefox?
  • Options
    I can confirm it works in firefox. I'm not sure what to think of it, certainly is interesting but also feels a little off in places. Perhaps it hits a little close to home :d
  • Options
    AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Only had a quick watch of Wrath - it was quite interesting on that subject, how social media backlashes, lynchmobs can flare up and be taken over.

I'd like to watch a few more of them, however those involved are a little too 'Guardian' for me. They're just a bit safe and predictable.
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    I can confirm it works in firefox. I'm not sure what to think of it, certainly is interesting but also feels a little off in places. Perhaps it hits a little close to home :d

Thanks for that ill try that :)

U lot are stars