Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Workshop with Brook, the Miscarriage Association and Fostress :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello everyone :wave:

Fostress here, Sunday chat modder. Hope you're all well. So, I'm doing some work with Brook and the Miscarriage Association at the moment - we're looking to improve the resources and information available for young people who miscarry or experience an ectopic pregnancy. While the Miscarriage Association is one of the only online places for people to go after TheSite.org for more detailed information and support, there's not many youth voices or experiences there at the moment.

I'm running a face to face creative workshop in Brook (just upstairs from YouthNet!) from 5.30 - 7.30 on the evening of Tuesday 27th May where we'll be doing some activities (possibly involving lego minifigures) to help get people talking and thinking about what's out there, what a young person who miscarries might feel and experience and what should be out there to help them. This one is mainly for Londoners - but it's going to be followed up by a country wide online workshop in June for those of you who don't live in the big smoke.

It would be fantastic if anyone aged 16-24 wanted to get involved. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t experienced miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy yourself – we’re looking for a range of male and female perspectives and experiences. You won’t have to share any personal experiences but you will have a chance to take part in activities, give your opinions and influence the way that the Miscarriage Association and Brook provides support for young people. You'll also get something for your CV, an extra person to add as a reference if you need it, a day travel card and delicious snacks and drinks (I may even bake a cake).

Here's the info and sign up form.

Hopefully see some of you there :)

See you in chat on Sunday :yippe:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Helloooo again everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that Miscarriage Association and Brook are running our online workshop in mid July. So if you're interested in having your say about miscarriage and support but couldn't make a face to face session, this might be for you.

Here's the link for more info.

Cheers,

Fostress
    This sounds a good thing for young people out there. Shame I am not from London else I would have come, although I didn't get support through mine (long story)
    Hope it is helpful to others tho
    If it's going to be online I'd really like to share my thoughts. It took me years to get over mine and I had no support from anyone professional.
    Hi Riot Grrl and Beckiboo,

The second part of the workshop is online! So you are both MORE THAN welcome to get involved.

Here's some more info and you can sign up here.

Don't worry if you're over 21 - we're reasonably flexible with age of participants :)

Thanks,

Clare
    I haven't had support with it though. Isn't the chat about the support received?

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
    Hi Becki - sorry you didn't get any support, that must have been incredibly hard. The workshop is more about the support you (or someone else who experiences a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy) might have liked or wanted - and what could have helped you to get that support. So even if you didn't get any yourself, you might have some ideas about what might have helped you or some suggestions to share.

No worries at all if you don't feel it is your thing tho :)