Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How can I get rid of the broodiness?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Being around and looking after MrRiot's son is making it even worse not better. I know I only see him at weekends but even after trying all afternoon to get him off to sleep and the crying and tantrums it felt really rewarding sitting singing to him and rocking him to sleep. Yes after 6 months of doing it every weekend the novelty may wear off, but it felt really right :/. I know now is not the right time considering my health and my education and how early into our relationship we are so I really need to get rid of my broodiness. I can't get other cat - a cat and a dog are enough pets, but I keep finding myself wanting to make baby clothes (and it's a bit weird to be buying/making baby clothes with no child in sight - isn't it?), and my mum keeps talking about being a grandma (or granita as she puts it).

Urgh?!

What do I do?

Comments

• Options
    By watching youtube videos of brats ruining expensive stuff or having screaming fits.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Being with them during the terrible 2's :P ... Have you thought about making baby clothes and donating them to hospitals for premature babys :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    He is in the terrible 2s !! : p

That I could do, I guess I could always save some of the bigger stuff for when my friends have babies
  • Options
    Hospitals are always looking for clothes for preemies and others in neonatal care, so that'd be a great way to fill your urge to make baby things :)

I really do sympathise with you, I'm desperate for a baby but I'm putting it off so I can be in a better place when I have one. It is shitty, but you're doing the right thing for yourself and that's what matters. Just focus on looking after other peoples kids, more than anything my personal carer job keeps me going because I'm still fulfilling my desire to care for children but I'm also able to take them home at the end of the day and carry on looking after myself.
  • Options
    Vomit, sleepless nights, lots of poop of various consistencies, tantrums, teething, flying food, lack of social life, lack of sex life, constant demanding, having to plan your life around them, simple things like just leaving the house become a mammoth task.....I'm sure there's more
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    ^ doesn't put me off :P i think the best thing is just to remember its not the right time. Its still early days with your relationship and you'll be able to look after a little one a lot better once things have settled down. I'm ridiculously broody and I'd have a child now but i couldn't give it the life i would want it to have and I think that's the most important thing to focus on. You still have plenty of time and you'll be an amazing mum x
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Vomit, sleepless nights, lots of poop of various consistencies, tantrums, teething, flying food, lack of social life, lack of sex life, constant demanding, having to plan your life around them, simple things like just leaving the house become a mammoth task.....I'm sure there's more

Yeah that doesn't really put me off - I've had hellfire's eldest throw up down my cleavage and my hair, bodily fluids really don't phase me, the sleepless nights would be the only killer I think, I can deal with tantrums (day after day I'm sure they wear you down though). I just need to get better because right now I'd be giving birth to a child addicted to painkillers before it's even born, I'm just not willing to put anyone through that!
  • Options
    I was reading stuff online about women with my condition who have tried for babies and been given grief by pain consultants who immediately suggest abortions before actually talking through the options because of their pain relief and people who have been in huge amounts of pain after coming off pain meds. There are some women who have not had a huge number of issues but they seems to be few in number. I got really upset cuddling Riotbf's little one...I feel like I'm doing something worthwhile even if it's just getting him off to sleep or feeding him or making him smile and giggle. I know that there is always a possibility I could get better but the likelihood isn't great right now. And I wouldn't be allowed to adopt because of my health.

I wouldn't be looking to have a child for another 18 months or more, but that doesn't seem that long. I'd kind of like to think about how I'd do things and such in advance but I think people would just think I'm going a bit cuckoo.
  • Options
    Ha I forgot about that, vomit boobs

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Yeah...that was the second time that morning he chucked up on me. Something to embarrass him with when he's older :p
  • Options
    Hey, :wave:
    So many people get broody anytime a cute gorgeous cuddly baby is in sight. I know I do! :yes:
    There’s been such great advice already.
    It must be hard. But it does sounds like you’re aware of the main reasons as to why now isn’t the best time. Being the best you is what’s most important before making any ‘life changing’ decisions.

Have you tried using distraction target? Maybe every time the broodiness pops into your head you could try replace it with your distractions target, something that makes you super happy! On the plus side you can enjoy being with your friends babies. :)

Hope this helped!