Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

am I best of having my own place

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been in care since 7 years old now iam 20 now. I been moved placement to placement for the last couple of years. Its not easy. I come out of care when I was 18. I always been around people all my life in care. I was living in a shared house wich iam moving out of there. I know how to clean, cook ect. I love being with people (as i been around them all my life) and having my space on my own. Iam ready and not ready to move to my own. I been asked to go and move in with my mum and her parnter. Then they let me down they said it again today. I know they onley get a 1 bedroom bunglow. Iam looking for my own place at the moment. They been aruging for 4 days on the trot beause iam staying as iam not well, i do put mooney towards food and eletric. As i do spole them both and it back fires too. I wont stay at my dads or the shared house as I dont get on with anyone there.

1. How do I go around about my mum and her partner asking me and keep saying about me moving in. With them both.

2. How would I put my feelings across about the aguring and not coping/ how it making me feel when argue over me. And when they keeping asking me to move

what can I do :( Iits really stressing me out

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there bubbley-Heather,

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. *hug*
    It seems like you have a lot on your plate but it's great you're focusing on how to put your feelings across to your mum and her partner.

I'm just wondering if you have spoken to your social worker about this and what they have said? Have they offered any support to help you talk to your mum? Your social worker may be able to talk to your mum for you or you could even all be in the same room and discuss it together.
    You say you won't stay at the shared house as you don't get on with anyone there. Have you asked your social worker about moving somewhere else?

Your social worker should be providing with you with support so contact them and talk through your options.

Check out theSite's article about Leaving care for other organisatios that may be able to help.

:)
    Hi

Thanks dor your reply

My leaving off all this week :( I cont do nothing till she gets back

She put my name down fir housing I got accepted but ive not been to get my bidding number yet as I been ill :( ive not been out
    Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥

I know u dont allways on with my mums parnter they told me yesterday that they been offred 2 bedroom bunglow. I know I not able to much and I got lods of thongs I cont do things on my own and to ill to things. I thonk iam best of with my mum someone to be there if I need the support :D iam so shuffed and keep having happy tears couldnt have ask for somwthing happy and wxiting as iam having a shit timw at the moment :D :yippe::yippe::yippe:
    That's great :) as long as you're happy.
    Great news heather! :thumb: