Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

not working at the moment needs ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Iam not working on sick benefit at the moment till I have had my op in july
I cont wait to have it out

I want to work but I dont what to do. I want to work with horses or people with illness or kids I worked In a nursery and with horses

Undesided what to do

Any ideas

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Heather

It sounds like you have some idea of what you want to, and your interests.

Do you have anybody you can talk to about next steps, like a local drop in centre for young people that has a careers person you could talk to?

Also if you have experience in the areas that will also help you get the job.

I think chatting to somebody is probs your best bet, and getting all your options.

Keep us posted
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i thought about it i want to have a change but dont know what some new to larn ive not done before
    Have you considered an apprenticeship?
    Firstly you need to look after yourself - you're off sick and you've been told you can't work because of your ill health so doing anything now would be a bad idea. But volunteering somewhere - charity shop, local city farm, dog shelter etc might be good fun as well as keeping you active but it doesn't give you the issues if you're too unwell to go in one day that you might have if you were working.
  • PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    Hiya :wave:
    If you are interested in volunteering it might be useful to take a look at our volunteering section on TheSite if you haven't done so already. Lots of great tips and ideas on where to look for volunteering roles. The skills you learn from volunteering can be so valuable and a great addition to your CV :) Maybe you could ask your local stable/riding school if they have any opportunities to volunteer and help out.

But as Miss_Riot says if you have been signed of work sick it's important that you take care of yourself and don't take on too much!
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    Firstly you need to look after yourself - you're off sick and you've been told you can't work because of your ill health so doing anything now would be a bad idea.

This. I think volunteering is a great idea, as long as you're body can physically and mentally cope with it.

Have you thought about starting a project or something, with you would be able to do in your own time, without risking any health setbacks? For example 100happydays - through this you can do the things you already enjoy and consider different things whilst documenting it at the same time :)
    Guys my word thanks so much for u replys sounds great ideas to look at.

I desided to do volunteering when I go collage. On the days iam of but dont know what tho its bugging me;).

P s. I know thos nothing to do with it but I got a feary hamster asleep on me ;) helping me

Is there just on website to do with it
    http://www.do-it.org.uk is pretty good for volunteering opportunities