Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I need help please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I am 46 year-old female who has been feeling like I am having a break down-or close to one. I work over 40hrs a week at a job I like; but it is demanding as far as nurturing patients; and listening to their concerns for them selves. I have a 19 year old son who is in 2nd year of college he is home for the summer. I have a hx of panic attack and mild depression. It just feels like every thing is on me as far as getting everything done, being there for my elderly mother-and father (who live separately).
My best friend since I was 8 has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I am trying to be there for her, that is so important to me. I feel angry at everyone and resentment at my mother (because I took care of her as a little kid) she used me in so many ways-I was an enmeshed child; though I don't show it because no she REALLY needs me. I am suppose to go to a family graduation on a Saturday June 14th and then host Fathers Day on the next day. I have made hotel reservations so I can escape-and tell everyone I am on a retreat. It feels like people love to talk about their problems to me and come to me for help. But I do not have anyone there for me. I feel very alone and stressed. I thought about going to emergency room to get help and someone to help ME. I am usually pretty lighthearted, and fun-but since this winter (my father had heart problem) and I took care of him while at my new job. Thanks for listening. I am confused, lost, angry, sick of helping other people right now. I also feel like an awful person for thinking this way!! UGGGGG Thanks so much.:crazyeyes:crazyeyes

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey,

welcome to the site boards :)

heres where u can start

Start Here[/QUOTE]

here where u can put it :)
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forumdisplay.php/93-Work-amp-Volunteering

sorry to hear whats going on for u it must be really hard have to cope with it all.

heres a another place u can put about ur famliey
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forumdisplay.php/88-Sex-amp-Relationships

have u tryed talking to anyone about ur problams.

sorry iam no help much

keep posting u come to the right job xxx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Prudence wrote: »
    Hi, I am 46 year-old female who has been feeling like I am having a break down-or close to one. I work over 40hrs a week at a job I like; but it is demanding as far as nurturing patients; and listening to their concerns for them selves. I have a 19 year old son who is in 2nd year of college he is home for the summer. I have a hx of panic attack and mild depression. It just feels like every thing is on me as far as getting everything done, being there for my elderly mother-and father (who live separately).
    My best friend since I was 8 has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I am trying to be there for her, that is so important to me. I feel angry at everyone and resentment at my mother (because I took care of her as a little kid) she used me in so many ways-I was an enmeshed child; though I don't show it because no she REALLY needs me. I am suppose to go to a family graduation on a Saturday June 14th and then host Fathers Day on the next day. I have made hotel reservations so I can escape-and tell everyone I am on a retreat. It feels like people love to talk about their problems to me and come to me for help. But I do not have anyone there for me. I feel very alone and stressed. I thought about going to emergency room to get help and someone to help ME. I am usually pretty lighthearted, and fun-but since this winter (my father had heart problem) and I took care of him while at my new job. Thanks for listening. I am confused, lost, angry, sick of helping other people right now. I also feel like an awful person for thinking this way!! UGGGGG Thanks so much.:crazyeyes:crazyeyes

Hi Prudence,

Well done for reaching out, it sounds like you really need that outlet right now and somewhere you can talk freely and without judgment? What a lot you have going on right now, it's no wonder you're reaching breaking point and you're feeling confused and stressed and in need of some support *hug*

It's worth letting you know that this community is aimed at 16-25 year olds in the UK. That's not to say we can't offer you some support though. If you are in the UK then a helpline service like Samaritans could be a real lifeline for you. They offer a listening service 24/7 and can help you to offload: http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

If you're not in the UK then Befrienders worldwide would be a good first port of call to find services in your area for emotional support: http://www.befrienders.org/

Do you have anyone that you trust that you feel you could open up to? Making an appointment with your doctor would also be a positive first step, you don't have to cope with all of this on your own :heart: