Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Express Yourself Workshop: Thursday 29th May, 7-8.30pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When times are tough, talking to someone about what’s happening can really help. However, it’s often at times like these that it's really hard to find the words to express how you feel. Using photos, images, doodles or drawings can help you to do this in a more creative way.

Maybe you're interested in giving it a go? Using images can help you to consider what experiencing things like depression or anxiety mean to you.

We're hosting a workshop on Thursday 29th May from 7-8.30pm in the chat room with our friends from youth agency Off The Record. Our therapist Allie will lead the session, using images to help you explore how things are in your life right now.

A bit about Allie...

9158063099_d3a2fa3fba_q.jpg
Hi, my name is Allie and I'm a youth counsellor at Off The Record, a young people’s support service based in Croydon, South London. My career started off working with young people in the charity sector, developing online projects to help young people with challenges they were facing in their lives. More recently, I have been working as a counsellor, supporting young people through tough times. As a counsellor, my role is to create environment where you feel able to talk about the things going on in your life without feeling judged.

How will the chat work?
  • This is a sign-up only chat and ideally you will come for the full hour and a half.
  • It will be a small group of no more than 10 people.
  • We'll start with some introductions and Allie will then lead the activities encouraging everyone to join in and have a chance to talk.
  • We'll ask those that want to, to bring an image along with them to share with the group.

If you'd like to come along then follow this link to sign-up.

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    *bump* - a few more places for this one left too! Should be a great chat :)
  • Options
    I don't know if it's just me or what... But I appear to have broken the link.. It won't work o.o not been working for me for a day or two. Sorry
  • Options
    suzyg wrote: »
    I don't know if it's just me or what... But I appear to have broken the link.. It won't work o.o not been working for me for a day or two. Sorry

I'm not sure why the link isn't working for you Suzy but I can sign you up if you'd like to come along - I'll PM you about it :)
  • Options
    Only if you don't mind, thanks :)
  • Options
    No problem Suzy :)

For everyone else - sign up for this chat is now full! If you're coming and would like to bring an image then please do PM them to me by the end of Tuesday next week. Thanks!!