Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Coping with Exams and Mental Health

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi everyone! :wave:

So, I'm sure we all know how stressful exams can be, and this can be made even worse by mental health.

Personally I find rewarding myself for revision (usually with cake and an episode of Friends!) can really help when I'm feeling down and demotivated.

Does anyone else have any good tips? :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Revising in the bath! it's relaxing and if theres tiles or stuff like that next to the bath can use it as a white board! :P
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Revising in the bath! it's relaxing and if theres tiles or stuff like that next to the bath can use it as a white board! :P

Haha I'd never thought of that! Think mum'd kill me if it didn't come off though!
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Going for a walk to clear my head, baking and force feeding the results to others, taking a day off whenever I can and doing something completely unrelated. It really helps because I can recharge my energy levels and think things through without pressure.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    ninaballet wrote: »
    Haha I'd never thought of that! Think mum'd kill me if it didn't come off though!

lol well use washable markers or bath crayons ;)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey,
    Great thread idea ninaballet.
    Seems like you have thought this through and rewarding yourself is a great way to stay motivated through revision.
    TheSite's article about study motivation has some other ideas if you're look for some more inspiration.
    Rethink have a page on their website about managing the pressures at exam time.
    Overall, I think having a plan (even a rough one) which includes time to relax and do something completely different, will really help you through this stressful time.
    Good luck. :thumb:
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    When I've done lots of academic work by myself, the most important thing for me was to have realistic daily goals. That way, when I'd done however many hours of work I had set myself, I would stop and know that I've done enough. That really helps me to switch off from the work and relax in the free time. Also taking regular breaks so my brain isn't so fried by the time I finish to enjoy resting time!

Also to see people regularly - they make better company than books :)