Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Broken up - Is this romantic or too much?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello all,

Long story short, over a week ago my girlfriend of 2 years broke up with me for the first time saying that she only saw me as a friend and the love has slowly lessened over the last few months due to me being distant and stressed due to work and other challanges. I didnt show her much affection or anything and now im doing everything I can to prove to her im still the guy she fell in love with.

I've tried to leave her alone and have gone up to 48 hours without chatting to her but always find a way to say hey and see how she is. I;ve sent ger 2 letter in which the last one she thanked me for it. I left her alone for another 48 hours without any texts etc and today I bumped into her randomly before work and stopped to have a chat about work and what we got up to over weekend. and my whole world shattered, I wanted to cry and tell her I love her so much and wish for a second chance to build our relationship.

A while back I created a youtube video of all our photos after the last 2 years to the video of her fav song and mine. I was going to send it to her before the break up but now its just on my desktop.

Should I buy her some chocolates, flowers and send her this video? Or is it too much and will push her away?

Someone said that she may very well still love you but after the last few months she may have lost it due to you being like you was, rekindle the memories and she may give you a second chance?

Any views

Comments

• Options
    Didn't you mention in a previous thread that you've already had a second chance before? It really doesn't sound like she wants to be romantically involved with you anymore but at least you can still be friends. If you keep trying to push for another chance then I think you may end up pushing her away completely.

I'm sorry to hear this though *hug*
  • Options
    Well technically yeah. But we never split up over It so I was naïve enough to let it go to the back of my mind. This is our first break up and it just hurts so much that this could be it, done dusted :(

She is a romantic type, probably not with me as I let me anxiety push her away.
  • Options
    It sounds like you've said everything you have wanted to say, she knows your willing to change, she knows you love her. It's up to her now but you have to give her time to make her own decision. It does sound like she has made up her mind though and unfortunately you just have to accept and respect her decision.

I realise you're hurting, there's nothing that can be said to make this easier for you and that does suck but it will get easier in time, I promise. *hug*
  • Options
    :( Your right. I've said everything I needed and could say to try and convince her. I have sent her the video link, Not because I want to push her into a final chance but more so to give me closure. If I don't send it I will always be thinking what if I had. Atleast now I have she can do what she feels with It and I can say I tried.

One step at a time to moving on :(

Thanks for your help
  • Options
    Stop. Just stop. Stop finding excuses and stop trying to get her back. It'll only hurt more when she rejects it.

If she changes her mind, it won't be because you've sent her a cheesy video.

When I broke up with my last long term ex, he kept telling me that he would change and that things would be different. But it shouldn't take breaking up with someone to make them do that. I don't mean to be harsh, but if you fell back into old habits before, you'll do it again and again.
  • Options
    Vnx wrote: »
    I have sent her the video link, Not because I want to push her into a final chance but more so to give me closure. If I don't send it I will always be thinking what if I had. Atleast now I have she can do what she feels with It and I can say I tried.

One step at a time to moving on :(
    That was very brave of you to do, and sounds like you did it for the right reasons. You made that effort to create this video so why shouldn't you show it to her, especially if you feel it helps you. PS who said it was cheesy frankipanda? Anything made from the heart doesn't mean it's cheesy, let's not assume anything here please :chin:

Moving on truly is a step by step process and takes time. There are different reasons why people may or may not come back to a relationship, and you never know - but unfortunately at the moment it's out of your hands. Closure is the way forward though so you are heading in the right direction :yes:

Stay strong and do let us know how you get on *hug*
  • Options
    Dude. No. You've broken up, if you keep contacting her you risk pissing her off, and you'll just feel worse. Stop texting her or calling her and let it be

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Dude. No. You've broken up, if you keep contacting her you risk pissing her off, and you'll just feel worse. Stop texting her or calling her and let it be

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Agreed. And Franki makes some good points too. When I dumped the guy I was seeing, he would not stop asking me to meet up with him and I kept telling him no. Partly because I wanted space (which she may need too) and because it seemed as though he may talk me into going out with him again.
  • Options
    Cheers for the replies people.

I've left her alone since I posted the OP, on posting the OP I asked her to meet up as friends (Which she wanted to be friends) she didnt reply so i'm leaving it at that. I get the hint.

Time to heal and enjoy the life i've been given.