Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Where to go in London to have one night stands if you're straight?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically I'm a single guy who's only had very limited experience with women.
I've only had sex with one girl and only a few times and didn't enjoy it, mostly because I got the feeling the girl wasn't too much into it and just going through the motions and I never tried to force her into anything because I knew she'd been abused as a child.
We've since broken up.

Before that girl I was seeing a Russian girl who was dropping me so many hints about sex, but at the time I was so inexperienced I didn't pick up on the signals and also as I was a virgin at the time I want the first time to be with someone special.

I've since had another girl express an interest in a relationship with me but we were so different I couldn't see it working out long term. If I was a different kind of guy I could have mislead her and just used her for sex, but I'm not that kind of guy.

I'm older then most of the people on this board and I now want to look into settling down and think about having kids one day but my experience of women is really limited and I'm not the kind of person that can just date someone for weeks or months and then decide if I fancy them.

I basically want to experience being with a variety of women (different races, nationalities, body types, etc) to try and figure out what kind of things I like.

It seems if you're Gay in London there's so many Gay Bars you can go to and just hook up, but if you're straight then there's no such equivalent that I know of.

There seem to be various clubs if you're into Bondage, wearing leather, etc but I'm not interested in dressing up in kinky clothes.

And there's lots of videos about how to pickup girls in the street, etc But I'm not interested in that kind of thing.

Is there such a place where regular consenting heterosexual men and women can go to hook up? And where the people in the bar / venue know that's the main reason everyone is there?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Craigslist? Tinder?
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Craigslist? Tinder?

I'd rather just to to a venue then plan it all online
    I think a gay bar is just that, a bar where most of the clientele are homosexual. I don't believe it makes them more or less likely to be looking for casual hookups. A lot of them will be just going for a beer with their mates. As suggested you're best looking online, planning it online means neither party will be under any illusions and means you won't be wasting your time. Its also safer in a way, I've never believed meeting a random in a pub is the safest way of going about it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    To be fair, most Londoners do the whole hook-ups thing online. Much easier to find someone than navigating the business of the city!
  • Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
    Hi Benji

I would say that in terms of settling down and finding someone you really want to stay with - things like race, nationality and body type often go out of the window and some other, deeper connection takes over. So I'd try not to worry too much about range of experience in that way.

But if you do feel that you want to have more experience in whatever way, there are lots of dating events in London you can go to. Google will turn up plenty. There's speed dating and other singles nights. I saw an advert for ping pong dating this morning! Bigger, cheesier clubs especially tend to have a lot of hooking up going on.

Be safe, and enjoy :)