Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Where's the weirdest place you have revised?

'Alexandra''Alexandra' Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Amongst all the revision, it is important to remember to have a bit of fun :hyper:

I thought I would start a bit of a random thread that shared some weird places that you've revised - it doesn't actually have to be that weird, but something that’s outside of your ordinary desk and chair - for I'm sure we've all ended up pulling out our study materials in some pretty unconventional locations.

Top of the charts for me? In the corner at the beach, while my friends were all hanging out a couple feet away from me. Didn't want to miss out completely on the fun, but still had to get some things done. You’ve got to fit in when you can! :d
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    In the air! :P had a long plane journey home and there wasnt much else to do haha
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    ^ Revising for exams thousands of feet in the air! Nice :)

Mine's kind of the opposite: underground! My uni had a hidden cinema in the basement of the library. Not many people seemed to know about it or use it, so often I would have it to myself. I used to hook up my music to the sound system and walk around talking myself through the stuff I had to learn - it was great! Talking to yourself is an underrated way to revise!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I will be revising under a table at a wedding in just a few weeks time... but apart from that i have found my most relaxing revision spot under my desk
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Flow wrote: »
    I will be revising under a table at a wedding in just a few weeks time... but apart from that i have found my most relaxing revision spot under my desk

Wow, dedication! :d

I don't think I've ever revised anywhere more unusual than London Underground sadly - and I think that's actually pretty common based on the note-taking and highlighting I see on my regular commute.
    On the tube, in the bath, on a plane, behind the sofa, at a festival...saying that I don't find revising very helpful and I haven't revised for years!
    a nude beach would constitute as weird I guess.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    a nude beach would constitute as weird I guess.

haha yeahh somehow i think it might :P
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    I used to stick revision notes to the glass door of the shower so I could subconsciously absorb the info whilst washing my hair :)
    I did a bit of Spanish GCSE revision at the bus station in a vague attempt to fulfill my promise to my mother that I was going round my friend's house to revise together (I wasn't. It was a house party.) A gang of old ladies snatched my vocab book out of my hands and passed it round to each other to discuss how old fashioned my handwriting was and how it was refreshing that some things were still taught how they used to be.
    The weirdest place I've ever revised? It would either be

On the top of a mountain: it was my Leaving Cert year. I was a member of the school's mountaineering club. Decided to bring my textbooks with me because I was as antisocial as heck.

In Farren Woods: quiet, dark places are great for my concentration. (The woods are a lot quieter than student apartments are!)

On the Oscar Wilde ferry: This January, shortly after I turned 19, I decided to leave Ireland for the first time. I went to England. I decided to make the most of it!