Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

not eating need to lose weight HELP PLEASE!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi im only 13 im not eating really i really want to lose weight. i exercise for hours ive heard that my bodies gone into starvation mode which keep all the fat. can someone please tell me how to lose the weight since i seem not to lose it even if I do exercise i drink milk. I no what it can do if i carry on i simply wanna no how to lose weight if im in starvation mode then ill stop but don't start to tell me i don't need to or anything in getting thearphy so ive got help just tell me how to lose weight thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Why do you want to lose the weight?

Unfortunately, nobody here will give you tips on how to lose 2 stone if you are in starvation mode. People can advise on *healthy* weight loss, which isn't something you are doing. Sorry.

Have you spoken to professionals, like your GP or a dietician before. I don't want you to think we will judge you here (as we won't) but maybe if you are feeling the need to lose weight if your body has gone into shut down a professional would offer you the best advice. And I imagine they would disagree with your assessment of your current body situation.
  • Options
    Hi katie, as littlemissy says, we're not able to advise you on losing weight in this way. We promote healthy eating here on TheSite.

I've also edited some parts out of your post as it's worth remembering the guidelines from the guide for the Health & Wellbeing message board:
    We promote healthy eating at TheSite.org, but not obsessive dieting (especially 'miracle', fad or crash diets). Many of our members suffer from eating disorders, so no diet stuff please. Also, try to avoid posting details about your specific weight; it can lead to other users comparing themselves when things like height and age will always need to be taken into account.

Can you tell us how long you've been feeling this way katie? Are you getting any support for how you're feeling about food?

You can talk also to a counsellor or a mentor on Mindfull if you need to - they're set up for people your age and they're open until midnight, here's the link: http://www.mindfull.org/

*hug*
  • Options
    Yeah because im fat I want to lose weight and yes im seeing cams thanks for reply