Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stressing about exams!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So I have three next week 2 the week after that and 3 at the beginning of June... *Face palm* I've been revising like crazy but no information seems to be going in... Any ideas on what I could do?!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What have you tried so far?

You could try pictures and association of things that can help some people.

Rewriting and rewriting and then testing yourself.

Orally speaking what you have to learn out loud, recording it into a cd and listening to it.

Making posters to stick around relevant to what you need to learn

Everyone learns differently it's just about finding the right thing that works for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Colours! It seems silly but if you make sure it's all different colours it often makes it easier to sink in, I highlighted all my notes in different colours and it helped a lot just having a break from all the black and white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tues wrote: »
    Colours! if you make sure it's all different colours it often makes it easier to sink in

Definitely helpful, I always highlight my revision guides as it makes it so much easier to read
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    find songs about the stuff your learning :) there more catchy than just reading over it :P
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    How you been getting on BeckiBoo? Did any of these ideas help?
    BeckiBoo wrote: »
    So I have three next week 2 the week after that and 3 at the beginning of June... *Face palm* I've been revising like crazy but no information seems to be going in... Any ideas on what I could do?!

There are some good ideas on here. Lots of people find using colour helpful, and reading things out loud/recording themselves so they can hear the information.

It might be an idea to try testing yourself to see what you do actually know. It often feel like things aren't going in, but then when the pressure is on you realise you do actually know more than you think. Find out what you know now, then you can build on it before the exam.
    I like to make massive lists of things. Things I need to learn (then they can be ticked off which is satisfying), things that I haven't memorised but know anyway (I just scrawl everything down from memory and it normally makes me realise that I know more than I think I do) and then lists of things I've learnt because if I write something down it tends to stick for longer in my mind.

I have no powers of concentration at all at the moment, and I'm finding straight memorising difficult. I don't know what subjects you're doing but I've found doing exercises and tasks a lot more useful than learning things off by heart. For example, I've been translating two articles a day (rather than memorising vocabulary and grammar) and I've been drawing cartoons of things about a play I'm supposed to be learning about.