Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hospital mess up rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys.

I recently went for a glasses test at a hospital everything went well.

I got them yesterday and paid £310 for them and they were wrong.

The glasses are blury and i can't see print clearly.

The lady at the hospital has requested my notes and will get back to me in two weeks.

Now... If they say that no one has made a mistake (which they clearly have) and i will have to get new glasses again now because they screwed them up.

I'm not gonna fork out another £310... Do you think i should put in a complaint if they tell me that i will have to pay for new glassses?

Custard

Comments

• Options
    If the glasses aren't wrong then the prescription has to be and they'd have to re-test you not at your expense.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    deffinatley complain! you shouldnt have to pay again for there mess up....
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    What on earth are these glasses if you're paying £310 for them? I got 2 pairs a few years ago for £70.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    What on earth are these glasses if you're paying £310 for them? I got 2 pairs a few years ago for £70.

Quite easy if you've got dodgy eyesight like me. I've only paid full price once - £169 for one pair a few years ago.