Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Want to get a job but need experience

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
May go into a bit of a rant here but why is it that I can't find any employers that will take me on because I have no experience in the working world?! How the hell am I supposed to get experience when no one will take me on?? I really do need to find a job though, it has to be part time at the minute because i have college, but anything will do!!

Comments

• Options
    Get a volunteering job or work experience. Then you'll have references and a bit of experience :)
  • Options
    Volunteer in a charity shop for a few months, that's a great way of getting into retail work. Also look at little cafes and shops not just big chains, they're more likely to employ someone without experience
  • Options
    Some employers will take you on but it's about finding them, a lot of temp jobs will take non experienced on, it's a difficult world sometimes when looking for employment for a first job but worth keeping hope up there will be something out there.... As the others have said volunteer jobs are fantastic opportunities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    you can ask to do work expieriance in a place for a few weeks ... after the weeks are up they might offer you a job there :) it's how quite a few of my friends have gotton jobs :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''