Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Exam Time Photo Competition!

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So a lot of people are doing there exams this month and next so this just seems like the perfect time for another photo competition!

The topic is...

What gets you through exam time?

it's quite a broad topic but that's part of the fun! :P This can literally mean anything, something that helps you revise, treats you give yourself once you have revised, quiet place or activity to calm you down during this stressful time, or even a party or something that's planned for after exams! :)

And like the Easter one there is a prize to be won! :)

Ps ... Good luck to everyone doing exams!
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Way to easy for me! :p the fact I have colours and sticky notes and the fact my books/folders after exams can go in a bin and be forgotten about! :D YAY!!!!

Attachment not found.
    rosebud wrote: »
    Way to easy for me! :p the fact I have colours and sticky notes and the fact my books/folders after exams can go in a bin and be forgotten about! :D YAY!!!!

Attachment not found.

:d hehe, nice one rosebud.. I bet that will be a real feeling of relief!
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    So, we've confirmed some prizes for the competition!!
    Take a look...
    A Blink Time watch (details here)

animgif_min217_green.gif

A £25 voucher from Dancemania

13716054444_0fa694af1e_m.jpg

Get photographing :thumb:
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    meggles wrote: »
    Attachment not found. revising like my life depends on it.. its not great..but I have music playing on my kindle quietly as it helps me stay focus. Bottle of water to keep me hydrated.. I have a bowl of strewberries and grapes too to munch on when I need it. Colour highlighters and sticky notes help as I can stick them around my room and create check lists... work book is my bible...along with the EYFS and case study haha.... doubt this is the point of this photo thingy but hey....music water and fruit helps me revise my life away

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

If you need any help with anything with the eyfs stuff and childcare stuff lemme know lovely :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    And they wonder why I'm so stressed and tired all the time... Attachment not found.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Flow wrote: »
    And they wonder why I'm so stressed and tired all the time... Attachment not found.

Haha Flow, I thought I had the best picture from last year, but I think you win! Mine was much the same but slightly less paper and more mess!
    Here are all the things that keep me going. I do 15 minutes revision and then I listen to one song (headphones), when I've written up a whole topic in flashcards I practise some sign language (BSL book), when I need to clear my head I write a flue piece (manuscript paper + flute), I bake myself something every few days as a treat to snack on, and I collect blue nose friends and nail varnish. After every exam I'm going to buy myself something new for a collection.

PMUh1NV.jpg
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Flow wrote: »

haha .. basicallly how revision goes! :P
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Attachment not found.

18 exams and I'm expected to remember all of the information? How? At least I've got music to stop me going completely insane
    Some great pics there everyone!

The deadline for this is FRIDAY so there's still time to get your entries in.
    First exam tomorrow on developments from birth to 5, closely followed by an spoken exam on communication, Then got math and English, and deadlines for coursework for my geography too! All under the watchful eyes of the owls though!
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    suzyg wrote: »
    First exam tomorrow on developments from birth to 5, closely followed by an spoken exam on communication, Then got math and English, and deadlines for coursework for my geography too! All under the watchful eyes of the owls though!

Owl! :)
    Hello people! We've decided to extend the deadline for this as lots of you are on half term next week and we thought you might be inspired to send some photos of what you're doing to keep you going with your revision over the break.

New deadline: Sunday 1st June

James will announce the winner on Monday 2nd :)
    Any more for any more?? We'll be picking a winner on Monday :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I'll enter, what time on Monday are you drawing it? I'm far too busy revising to take a picture of my revision, but given myself a break!
    This is closing in about an hour!! (12:30pm)

UPDATE: The competition is now closed! All the entries are on the wall of TheSite HQ, and we're all voting. Results soon :hyper:
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Nooo :o

10401935_681374938594452_5102751177673058439_n.jpg

Exam tomorrow, shouldn't be taking half body selfies D:

And this was yesterday's revision :P

1625703_680803818651564_4533689048145509496_n.jpg
    Sorry Whispers, just missed it :(

The results are in, and the winner is..
    Broken-Angel
    attachment.php?attachmentid=17019&d=1401786020.jpg

Congrats B-A!!