Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How do you revise?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I seem to having a battle with revision at the moment, I just can't get my head around revision, or start it. If I DON'T I'm going to fail as I have no knowledge of the work, how do you revise? Help?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I guess it depends on the individual, everybody has lots of different revision techniques and learning styles.

Here are some cool and helpful revision tips from TheSite

For me when I was revising for my exams at school and also my childcare exams I found highlighting and colour coding really helped me.

Also making sure you take regular breaks- sometimes revising can get overwhelmed and can make you feel quite stressed, but taking a break could help you unwind, and get away from the computer and books, maybe going for a walk or doing something else you enjoy.

Making a timetable- I did this and it helped to see what I had to do each day.

Also if there is other people studying the same subject as you maybe getting together in a group, and revising together.

I guess the important thing to remember is to not get stressed out and remain calm with revision, you will get there and you will find out how you learn and what is the best way to revise for you.

What things have you tried so far?
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I used to rewrite and rewrite what I had to learn make drawings with things that were more difficult then test myself on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I don't :P my first exam is tomorrow ... havent revised at all -.-
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''