Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Found out about my boyfreind smoking weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfreind told me today that he smokes weed :/ I hate people smoking it. Ian in a middle of what to do :( I love him to bits I thought he was the one for me. I just don't like the smell of the weed. My sister and her boyfreind smokes it he now smokes it. Ian angry that I just found out and we been going out for a few weeks.

Is he hiding anything eles on me I don't know :/ I don't really want to break up with him at all he mean the world to me I just don't have any other to ditch him :( going to be Horrable to tell him. I just want to tell him to stop smoking it so we can have a really good Relationship I cont tell him to stop it's his choose to. with each other I told him aswell I cont have kids he not so happy with that. :( I love to have kids not yet tho to young to have them. If I did have a kid with any lad I scared to catch anything of them

(please don't be nasty)

Comments

• Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    If you haven't asked him before then why do you expect him to just tell you? Its quite a casual thing now, a lot of people I know wouldn't mention it just because they wouldn't expect it to be a problem. You can either deal with it or you can't, in which case break up with him. It would be unfair to ask him to stop if hes not willing to, so unless hes happy to give it up for you or to make sure he doesn't smoke it when he's gonna see you so he doesn't stink of it, you're probably better off ending it.
  • Options
    Ian deciding what to do :/ err my head fuck up as it is to much going on
  • Options
    You can't ask someone to stop smoking weed, obviously if you hadn't noticed he is only doing it recreationally and does not have a dependency problem. It isn't your place to tell someone to stop doing something they enjoy and it's negatively effecting them.
    The kids thing is a whole different issue and I really wouldn't be worrying about that at this stage of a relationship.
  • Options
    Riotbf very occasionally smokes weed, but he knows the smell makes me feel sick these days so he doesn't do it around me and he's asked his housemate to do the same (shes ignored him but thats another issue). I think its fair to ask him not to smoke around you but to stop smoking at all i think is a bit of a big ask - like BA has said he doesn't have a dependence so if its not damaging him he's entitled to do what he likes with his life.
  • Options
    If u looked I put that doh :/
  • Options
    If u looked I put that doh :/

Don't be rude.

You've been going out with this guy for a few weeks. It's not like you're in to deep, so if you don't like the fact he smokes weed then tough, he won't stop and he shouldn't have to. So dump him. A few weeks is nothing, it's not like it's been a few years and he has purposely kept it from you the whole time. You found out early enough and if you don't like it that much then that's your choice but don't expect him to change just for you.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Heather, are you able to say what it is exactly about him smoking weed that upsets you? For example, is he different with you? Does he do things that upset you? Being able to talk about what it is about him smoking that makes you angry might help...
  • Options
    u might aswell close it helen just going to carse a argergent or delate it