Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Failure, after failure, after failure. (sorry for swearing)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
All I seem to be able to do is fail. Every little thing i do, i seem to fail. Normally I can find at least one thing I've done right but the last few weeks, all i seem to do is fail.

My parents are especially quick to pick up on my failings and do what they just love to do - compare me to my brother. 'oh by this time your brother had his first job. Are you ever going to get a job' 'oh your brother did so much better in that subject than you are, you're obviously not trying hard enough' 'oh, your brothers in Uni, why aren't you there yet?' 'oh by this time, your brother had grown out of this stage.' WELL YOU KNOW WHAT?! I'm NOT my fucking brother. I'm me. At this age, my brother also didn't have as much stress and worry and just general shit in his life as i do now, did he? I know I've pretty much failed in every aspect of my life, and i'm sorry. I'm sorry i cant be perfect, im sorry im not the good little daughter, I'm just sorry.

Even the good things i have done, don't seem to be acknowledge anymore and in all honestly, i just want to give up.

Comments

• Options
    i know how you feel i get compared to relatives alot and what they do and that i havent and i should do this and do that you are not a failure they just cant see you have your own potential when i do a good thing i never get praised or anything all i get is good or a quick forced smile you are your own person you are unique in everyway doesnt matter what you do you should be proud of the good things you do and think i did that im happy i dont need anyone to confirm that please dont put yourself down you are awesome :)
  • Options
    Thanks Willow. I'm just tired of never feeling good enough. I wish I was more like my brother just so that then, my parents/family would be prouder. But im just stuck as plain old shit me :/
  • Options
    You are who you are don't change that you are unique, different and if they can't except who you are then bigger. Fool them you do what you do to try and help but you know what I care you are a good person I can see that don't let it put you down hun
  • Options
    Thanks Willow. I'm just tired of never feeling good enough. I wish I was more like my brother just so that then, my parents/family would be prouder. But im just stuck as plain old shit me :/

You're most definitely good enough! If you were more like your brother than you wouldn't be you and we'd miss our Nikki, who is definitely not a plain old shit, I know you don't see it but you truly are good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk