Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Being admitted into hospital

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm being admitted into hospital tomorrow, my cardiologist rang me and the nurses on the ward are ringing me this evening/tomorrow morning. They are going to do some more tests on my heart with some procedures too which I'm not looking forward to but the drugs I've been on haven't been working and stabilising things as they should have been.
I know It's important I go in and I've been in before I just still get scared and it's really lonely and long days being on your own in there.
I don't know how long I will be in for, might be just a few days but could be up to a week.. I'm just feeling apprehensive and scared.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Take things to entertain yourself with, if you can have visitors make sure you ring around now and get people to come in during visiting times. Quiz books, some kind of craft, laptop or tablet with films and stuff on it already so you don't have to be on the net to watch them. I've just slept and listened to music the past couple of times I've been in hospital but I'm normally doped up on morphine so I'm less with it to get bored but give some of those ideas a go :)