Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Alcohol powder...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is apparently on the way to the UK. Well, I've heard that but I've also heard they're resubmitting the product for approval again. You never know what to believe anymore with numerous different people saying various different things.

I read an article about twenty minutes ago explaining that Alcohol powder is coming to the UK and it isntantly angered me. I've had a ranty discussion with my sister about it and now that I've calmed down I'm intrigued to find out what you guys think about Alcohol powder because I realise a lot of you could have very different opinions, which is fine of course.

I one hundred percent disagree with Alcohol powder and I don't think people should be allowed to even make this. It's easier than drinking and it's faster than drinking but I feel like it's a lot more dangerous. It's like another drug, more people are going to get hooked, probably commit more crimes, this powder will probably cause more deaths, some people will struggle with peer pressure. This is an absolutely stupid product and I hope to gosh that it does not ever end up in the UK.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As bad as it sounds I can't find anything to say the company is going to export it to the UK. They have just had their licence to distribute it in the USA revoked, so I can't imagine it just appearing here.
    I will find that thing I read and try and post it on here later. I did say though that I've also heard the product has been resubmitted for approval.

I know I could be wrong but either way, I'd still like to hear what you guys think of alcohol powder. I didn't know it even existed at all until last night.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Saw this the other day. SOunds good to me. Wonder how snortable it would be?
    Weekender Offender 
    I'd still like to hear what you guys think of alcohol powder.

Surely there is no way this powder can make a drink taste like the REAL stuff? Perhaps it's a synthetic nod in the same direction but for alcohol 'connoisseurs', the proper stuff will always rule. This powder just sounds like a convenient way to get sloshed. :)
    To be honest it sounds absolutely rank.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Skive wrote: »
    Saw this the other day. SOunds good to me. Wonder how snortable it would be?

It's bulked up deliberately to make it impractical to snort cos of the sheer quantity you'd have to fit up your nose