Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Staying awake

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips to make staying awake easier? I have been napping and I'm going to carry on napping at some point during the days as I would like to be awake at night time. I was thinking about caffiene tablets but I'm not entirely sure at the moment because I want to see if there is anything else that could help first.

Comments

• Options
    Keeping yourself occupied will help keep you awake.

I realise you may not feel like it right now but exercising keeps me awake and buzzed.

Perhaps you could try this.

:yes:
  • Options
    Hey lovely,

Keeping yourself busy and occupied will help, doing something active like Wonderwall suggests exercise will keep you awake, also just keep moving, if your lay down your more likely to fall asleep.

I wouldn't suggest caffeine tablets first as they can be quite strong.

Can I ask why you want to stay awake at night?
  • Options
    Having my dog ;) as soon as there's a nose, boom he'll bark and keep ya on ya toes :P
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I realise I should have been a little clearer in my original post. I'm not going to get into why I want to stay awake, but basically I need to but a lot of the time it involves sitting down and it involves my full attention so exercise and trying to keep myself busy isn't really what I mean. I do appreciate your suggestions though, thanks.
    Having my dog ;) as soon as there's a nose, boom he'll bark and keep ya on ya toes :P

:lol: okay then random girl!
  • Options
    Georgie_Georgie_ Posts: 112 The Mix Convert
    Hey Butterfly,

If you need to be like awake at night, have considered trying to shift your body clock round a bit? It takes a little bit of time, but over a longer time, will be easier than caffeine tablets etc. It's also rather easy to do, like just forcing yourself to stay awake an extra hour or so at night (getting more each night or so) until you sleep in the morning then are awake afternoon/evening/night.

It may not be the best long term but may help for now, as it's pretty easy to move back over a few nights. :)