Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

failure after a break up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
last night my boyfriend dumped me and now my head is so messed up i liked him and i stopped cutting cause he didnt like it he was so nice and that but there wasnt a big age gap but he dumped me last night and i cried alot and wanted to cut i still do i feel drained and weak like i mean nothing i dont know what todo because i still have feeling for him but at the same time i want to give up and just die:crying:

Comments

• Options
    Hey Willowtree,

How are you feeling today?

I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend, it can be really hard when we are in such intense relationship's and when it suddenly ends we can't just switch those feelings off, they're still goanna be there and that's okay, don't feel angry at yourself for still having feelings as those are natural and it is hard and heart-breaking when relationships end and it's okay to feel down.

But you are not weak and you do not deserve to die, you are a loving, caring, beautiful young person who deserves to feel happy, loved and cared for and you will get that, you will because you deserve it and you deserve to feel happy, it may take time and sometimes we have to go through heartbreak and hurt before we find that real happiness and I wish no one would have to go through any heartbreak or hurt as no one should have to feel that but you are stronger than you believe and you can get through this.

I know it wont feel like it but your not alone,
    I hope your okay, x
  • Options
    Hey willowtree,

Starwonder has really said it all but I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing? That initial feeling after a break up can be totally overwhelming and your thoughts and feelings will be all over the place searching for answers. Hang in there *hug*
  • Options
    When you get older you'll look back at this and laugh.
  • Options
    Gankfest wrote: »
    When you get older you'll look back at this and laugh.

That is awfully unhelpful and probably not true
  • Options
    That is awfully unhelpful and probably not true

I'm 32 years old and over the course of the years have thought about the things I've done when I was a kid, though out high school, and college. There is a lot I look back at and laugh at... Crying over an ex girlfriend was one of them. Life goes on, you either go with it or you don't.
  • Options
    I'm 32 years old and over the course of the years have thought about the things I've done when I was a kid, though out high school, and college. There is a lot I look back at and laugh at... Crying over an ex girlfriend was one of them. Life goes on, you either go with it or you don't.

That's you and I don't think your comments are what someone wants or needs to hear after a break up. If you have nothing helpful to say then don't say anything.

Hang in there willowtree. I know it's hard but I promise it'll get easier in time. You need to allow yourself to go through whatever emotions you're feeling. If you feel like crying, cry. If you feel like shouting, shout. We're here for you *hug*
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian

I think with a breakup, even though you might laugh about it in 20/30 years time, it's how you take it at the time that can have a massive influence on how you're feeling, because really the future is irrelevant at the moment, it's now that matters. Really, it's taking it one step at a time, like how did you cope in that moment when you had just broke up? How would you feel if something so insensitive was said to you? The future wouldn't matter to you, would it GankFest?

Going through a breakup is difficult, but really it's taking it one step at a time, and it's not something you have to go through alone either, I'm proud of you for posting on here, WillowTree. I do however wish their was more I could say, I'm awful when it comes to relationship advice, however, you've shown strength as a member, keep going :heart:
  • Options
    im so confused at the moment the4 guy still has feelings for me and we have been talking and now he says he loves me loads and said that he would marry me and have a baby with me i dont know what todo hes saying all this but should i believe him and follow what he says or wait and see what happens because after he dumped me i dont know what to think or do do i trust him enough to believe him or just see what hes playing at i still have feelings for him but i dont want to be hurt again
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    willowtree wrote: »
    or wait and see what happens

This. I think at times like this people's actions tend to be more important than their words as emotions are all over the place and it can be easy to say what they think you want to hear - or make rash promises because they're afraid of being lonely.

It is a confusing time, so keep talking to us here and make time to do nice things for yourself. Have you got any plans for fun things with friends coming up?
  • Options
    no i dont have anything but friday im going to a pub at a night they do and he might be there and he said he wants to come because he still likes me but im in to minds i either trust him or i dont and i cant make up my mind and hes made it clear that he wants me to change abit and no be soo depresing about myself and no cutting so i really dont know what todo
  • Options
    im so confused at the moment the4 guy still has feelings for me and we have been talking and now he says he loves me loads and said that he would marry me and have a baby with me i dont know what todo hes saying all this but should i believe him and follow what he says or wait and see what happens because after he dumped me i dont know what to think or do do i trust him enough to believe him or just see what hes playing at i still have feelings for him but i dont want to be hurt again

lol forget about him, he is playing you. You don't wanna be at his mercy that he can end it any time. That will sit at the back of your mind every day.
  • Options
    no i dont have anything but friday im going to a pub at a night they do and he might be there and he said he wants to come because he still likes me but im in to minds i either trust him or i dont and i cant make up my mind and hes made it clear that he wants me to change abit and no be soo depresing about myself and no cutting so i really dont know what todo

Think about how you feel right now, think about how you will feel if you get back together with him, and then think about how you will feel if he dumps you again. If it were me, I'd feel worse.
    You're better off steering clear in my humble opinion.