Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Travelling the UK :)

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
edited January 2023 in General Chat
so, on the first of April my free boat tickets can be used ... but i honestly don't know where to go! It's going to be around the UK, and somewhere with beaches, little villages and awesome views so i can take my camera and have some time relaxing :) Any idea's? :)
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    so, on the first of April my free boat tickets can be used ... but i honestly don't know where to go! It's going to be around the UK, and somewhere with beaches, little villages and awesome views so i can take my camera and have some time relaxing :) Any idea's? :)

Come down and visit me? :p
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    For rugged wilderness and green Glens then the Scottish Highlands.
    For breathtaking but less remote scenery then Cumbria and the Lakes.
    For coastline then anywhere along the Dorset and Devon coasts - smuggler coves and beaches.
    Edinburgh, London, Newcastle, York and Bath are the best cities to visit for history and culture.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Definately come join us down south! West whitterings beach is gorgeous, just dont wait till the middle of summer because then it'll be packed
    West-Wittering-beach-Suss-001.jpg

@bubblesgoesboo I love your quote btw, its the most inspiring thing ive read all week so thank you :)
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Lol definitely know i'm going to Cornwall, been roped into visiting someone there haha ... might go to york to see what it's like, my friend has recently moved there so would be good to see him too .... but i'm also tempted to go on a wing it holiday around the UK :) then go knows where i'll end up but will be a good experience! :)

And thanks Sn1ck3rd00dl3! :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    come to Leicester! we have history!!!! :O
    indeed thats leicester! lol good old leicester
    Southwold in Suffolk is lovely. Home of the Adnans brewery, quite easily the best pubs I've ever been to. There is a breathtaking Indian restaurant in nearby Halesworth called Raj Put Balti.

Otherwise, area of Wales around Bala is really nice too.
    You should visit Manchester, and Camden it's awesome :)
    Whowhere wrote: »

Can vouch for that - spent a week's holiday in that area of Wales last year and it was stunning :)
    Whowhere wrote: »

Yeahh :) I've been to Bala before and around North Wales, Want to go back but also want to see new places lol :)
    Yuss! Will probably be about August time hopefully though ... os won't be there for the fayre :(