Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Economic Collpase

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep hearing about stuff that the economy is going to collapse and everyone is going to riot. Is this true. Is the end of the US economy here and were are all going to be dying.

one of the articles

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2014/03/01/sponsored-an-unthinkable-financial-collapse-and-how-to-be-ready/

I'm scared and dont know what to do. im sorry :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wouldn't worry, end the world stories have been with us since Christ died on the Cross (and probably before) and the world is still going strong. Sure some times things will be bad, there'll be unemployment and spme people will loose there homes, but there is no real sign of the type of catastrophic economic meltdown in that blog.
    The economy is a complete disaster though...
    TastyWheat wrote: »

It's not. It's possibly not performing as well as it theoretically might, but assuming you're not North Korean, it's still pretty good and long way from collapse, starvation and anarchy.
    TastyWheat wrote: »

In the UK the vast majority of us have shelter, most of us are in employment, most of us have spare money at the end of the month to save and most of us have food in our bellies.
    Even in Greece where the economy actually did collapse the same can be said.

I can't talk for the USA, but I think even if there was a total economic collapse the UK would still be ok as a whole. I think as a country we're small enough to hold together during a crisis. If the same happened in the USA I reckon you'd have 52 separate countries appear.