Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hearing Voices

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

I haven't been on here in ages, I haven't really had the chance and I guess it hasn't really been as bad as it was... but I've had a really bad week.
On Sunday the voice came back, and there's another one too now, although the new one is a kid (a really annoying kid that won't leave me alone)
So that's 3 now, including Liam, but Liam's alright, he's good and he never left.
But the other two... well Lanei's not too bad, easily bored and irritating, but she's not the worst, the other one, the first one (she has a name but I don't know how to spell it), she won't do anything but her 'job', which is to constantly remind me that I, and everyone I love, will be killed and it's my fault... I really can't handle it.
I don't know what to do? I don't know how to deal with it! I just want them to shut up and go away! I thought I was free but I'll never be free, not until I die

Comments

• Options
    Hey Volcano,

It's good to see you again and I'm glad you felt you could come here and reach out about what's going on. It sounds as though you're feeling really exhausted and a bit trapped at the moment, you say...
    I don't know what to do? I don't know how to deal with it! I just want them to shut up and go away! I thought I was free but I'll never be free, not until I die

I firstly just want to ask if you're still getting support from CAMHS? I know you mentioned it wasn't really helping before and that you couldn't see any patterns in your mood diary? How's that all going for you? Has anything happened in the last week that might have triggered things?

It sounds like you need some additional support here so it would be worth going back to your GP to tell them about the last week and how you're feeling. Being as open and honest as you can will help you to get the help with this that you deserve.

I also wanted to say that recovery from hearing voices is possible - I met an inspiring lady a month or two ago from an organisation called 'Rethink Mental Illness' - she had a period of hearing voices and through counselling and other support is now free from the voices. It may seem like a long way off for you and it will be hard work but I guess I'm sharing this because I want to remind you that things can change.

The Voice Collective have a page for coping suggestions that you might find useful, just click on the emotion that best describes how you feel and it will give you some ideas: http://www.voicecollective.co.uk/coping/coping_main.html

You might also find talking to other people who've experienced hearing voices useful - have you seen the Hearing Voices Network? They have lots of advice and information including this page on Getting Help and Support:http://www.hearing-voices.org/voices-visions/getting-help-support/

Do keep posting and let us know how things are going *hug*
  • Options
    I am still seeing CAMHS, but not since this has started again. It's still just talking and not really helping, but he is looking for extra support or extra time or something for my exams to help me, so I guess that's a good thing.

Thanks, I'll look at those websites, they look really useful
  • Options
    I hear voices and am on Olanzapine for it, before I was on medication I found the best thing which helped me was putting on my headphones and listening to music loud, it kind of blocked them out to a certain extent.

You should give it a try. I hope it helps.

Ami.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll try that, it might actually help to get me to focus again