Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Financial Instability and an Expensive Boyfriend/Girlfriend?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you handle that? I mean, i am 22. Still studying, and self supporting. I have to pay my rend, dues, tuition fee, my allowance is on my own. I have been with this girl for almost 5 years now, and everytime we date or go out I have to spend $100 or more, I am on the Philippines by the way. And everytime i don't have enough or I'll ask her to share on, she will eventually get mad or the silent treatment will start. I don't know what to do. It's so frustrating, I am on graduating year now. Advice?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know it sounds harsh but she sounds like a bitch. If she truly liked/loved you for who you are then she would understand that you don't have much money. Maybe she should consider paying for something?
    If she does not want to pay her share she is not in this for you, but for the stuff you pay for. Honestly if someone expects me to pay for them for something be both enjoy (like dinner or a visit to the theater), especially if she knows my financially strained situation, I will just break up immediately. What's the point wasting money on someone who does not appreciate you?
    What has been said before, I mean I always went out of my way to spoil my now wife when we first dated but if I couldn't afford it we either didn't do it or she even offered to pay.

There seems to be a stigma that women can't spoil their men when in fact it should go both ways.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk