Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do I cope with all this loss?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Friday I said goodbye to my granchi (grandad)
Within 6 months I lost both my granddads.
Why?
I lost a friend to epilepsy.
I lost a lot of friends due to me changing.
I lost myself, my motivation and personality.
I am numb. But why why do I feel like this why am I hurting so much and why am I even bothering to write this.
It's effort to even move. To sleep. To eat. To talk.
Why

Comments

• Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Flow,

I'm so sorry to hear about your granchi. Losing people close to us is unbelievably hard. Losing so many in such a short time must be truly awful.

There's probably nothing I can say to make it feel any easier, but you're more than welcome to keep talking about it. We'll listen :)

We have an article about grief that you might have seen before. It could be worth a quick read?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Flow,

I am really sorry to hear about your Granchi and your Granddad's and friends. Losing people we love and care about is incredibly hard and everyone deals with it in different ways and in their own time and it's okay to feel sad or down and have those emotions and feelings of numb and lost.

I don't know if this would be something you might like to do but when I lost a very close friend of mine I made a memory box so I put all the things that reminded me of them in that box, being letters, pictures, ordainments and treasures that meant a lot to me and sometimes if I was feeling lost and missing them and I didn't know what to do, I would write a letter to them and put it in the box and in that letter I wrote all those emotions I felt and couldn't express and it may not help you at all but sometimes writing, drawing and things like music and art can sometimes help when we it's hard to express by talking.

But you don't have to go through this alone,
    We're always here to read and listen.