Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Online study of legal high experiences

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone!

I am a doctoral student at London South Bank University and I am looking for participants for an online study entitled: ‘Highs and lows: The science of legal intoxication’. This study is exploring new ideas as to why people use legal highs, with focus on the psychology of recreational drug use.

The study involves an online discussion about your experiences with legal highs via a private online focus group. It is up to you to decide when and how much to contribute.

You must be 18 years of age or older to take part, and have lived in the UK for the past 12 months or longer.

If you have ever heard of ‘legal highs’, been offered these or tried them, I would like to hear from you. These substances may be sold under a name other than ‘legal highs’, for example, ‘bath salts’, ‘plant food’, ‘research chemicals’, ‘legal ecstasy’ or ‘herbal incense’.

If you are interested, please contact me via Private Message or email me at blaszkou@lsbu.ac.uk.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    ^ This has been okay'd :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi everyone,

A bit more information about this study:

If you decide to take part in this study, you will be asked to sign up to a private password-protected online focus group. Your participation will involve an online group discussion about your experiences with legal highs, both the good and the bad. This is an exploratory study, so I'm just trying to get an idea of what it feels like to use these new substances.

All information will be handled confidentially and only myself and my academic supervisors will have direct access to the information. Any reference to you will be removed/paraphrased so that there will be no way to identify your responses.
    Hi everyone,

To take part in this study, please visit the following link: http://legalhighstudy.prophpbb.com/

You must be 18 years of age or older to take part, and have lived in the UK for the past 12 months or longer.

If you have ever heard of legal highs, been offered these or tried them, I would like to hear from you. These substances may be sold under a name other than legal highs, for example, bath salts, plant food, research chemicals, legal ecstasy or herbal incense.

Thanks for your time!
    If you can accept someone who's under 18 I'm happy to take part (I'm 17 this month)
    Hi Broken-Angel, thanks for reply! It's great that you want to help out but I can only recruit people aged 18 or older. Appreciate your interest in my study though.
    So does anyone have any stories about legal highs? What was it like using it for the first time? What have your experiences been like since then? Anything else you'd like to share with other like-minded people? Please visit the following link and join our discussion at: http://legalhighstudy.prophpbb.com/