Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Commitment

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
What does commitment in a relationship mean to you? Like as in rules and boundaries, or how close/open you's get :)

Just want to hear peoples different opinions of it :)
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I guess you can reduce it to respecting your partners wishes and wants and making compromises where you can not see eye to eye.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can you tell us a bit more about what you mean by rules and boundaries?

I think you'd expect that a level of closeness and openness would be part of a committed relationship and that can take time to build as two people feel more and more comfortable with each other and figure out how to communicate and be honest about how they feel.

For me commitment would be about that feeling that you're in it together, that you're pulling in the same direction and that when things get tough you're both willing to work it through :yes: