Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sick note from doctor

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need to have some time of uni to get myself feeling better since I'm feeling down and low and my head is playing games with me.

I only want to have a couple of weeks of to start with to see how it goes

How can I go about this and what do I say to my doctor so he will give it to me with worrying too much about me

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    just explain to him and ask if he can give you one til your thoughts settle a bit ... or could you speak to your uni support people, explain it to them too and ask if you can just go in for 1 day a week for a while, and catch up at home :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks for your reply

I built up the courage and went to the doctors, she was able to give me a sick note allowing me two weeks of uni to give me time to sort things out although she doubled my meds which made me sad but never mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    It's good you got a bit of time off uni though :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''