Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Where are you going on holiday?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We're staying at his families house(s) (he still has lots of family out there, 1 or 2 places are free for us to use because one of them is his dads place), so we're pretty much free roam for 3 weeks. He speaks Cantonese, out of the 3 of us, he is the only one, but we should be fine. I think it'll be good, I've never been anywhere that far. I've purposely not looked for much to do because I want it all to be a surprise. There's a few places far out that we do want to visit (that even my friend hasn't done).

He did say when we were planning on how long to go that 3 weeks is more than enough time before you'll get bored of the place. Even his brothers said the same. Even 2 weeks were enough, but it'll take me and his boyfriend a long time just to get used to the humidity and sun and to get settled in and meet his family properly.

My love for their food has been reborn since I stayed with him, its the thing I'm looking forward to the most, I hope it isn't a let down. The second is the architecture. I'll have to ask him about the fog, it did cross my mind...

How long did you go for?
    Just Tuesday to Friday.

I didn't go to the theme park, which is supposed to be quite good (the one that isn't disneyworld). There's also a cable car but i was put off by the tram incident. There are also shit loads of museums, but I think I'd struggle to fill 3 weeks in any city. But I guess it's a bit different if you're staying with people. The islands might be worth a look and you can easily get a ferry to Macau. Lantau Island looked pretty scenic on the way in too.

Btw, don't bother with Ping Shan in the North West. It was in my book as a heritage trail, so I was expecting something along the lines of a town full of traditional Chinese architecture. But no, the things mentioned in the book were the only examples in what was a pretty run-down town. And even these examples were badly preserved and surrounded by ugly car parks and buildings.
    Going to Egypt... yuppiieee..:nervous:;):hyper:
    Bali of course... anyone going there?
    nowjere
    I expect to the wilds of Limousin in the summer as usual. Will be strange to go abroad only once this year (unless I get a Utrecht interview!).
    Singapore is a great place to visit at for vacations. With so much of adventurous spots, theme parks, exclusive nightlife, it is good to enjoy in Singapore. So, you can plan to visit Singapore, if you are looking for exciting vacation spot. And yes, do not forget to hire car in Singapore and enjoy the journey.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I don't know where i'm going yet ... Can go on 2 holidays this year but where to go and when ? D:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''