Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:crying:its coming to that point where i dont care about my life anymore.got any help or ideas that can keep me afloat and not me feeling like this.

Comments

• Options
    Hey willowtree - it sounds like you're having a pretty rough week :( how are you doing today? Have you got a close friend or someone that you can talk to when things get tough?

Also, just wondered what sort of ideas you were looking for? We could suggest some distraction techniques if you like? Was that the sort of thing you were after? A few suggestions to start with might be calling a friend, watching a movie, listening to some music, reading or getting out for a walk in the fresh air and then having a nice warm bath when you get in? Doing something just for you to be kind to yourself can be really soothing sometimes.

Or if you're looking for more direct support there are always other support services you can contact like Get Connected - they offer free and confidential advice for people under 25. Childline also offer 1-2-1 webchat where you can chat to one of their counsellors in confidence.

Do you mind me asking how old you are? If we know a bit more about you and your situation at the moment we can offer you some more suggestions :) What sort of things do you enjoy doing?

Big hugs *hug*
  • Options
    willowtree wrote: »
    :crying:its coming to that point where i dont care about my life anymore.got any help or ideas that can keep me afloat and not me feeling like this.

Hi Willowtree,

I am sorry you're having a rough ride at the moment. Jo7 has pretty much answered your post really well, but I wanted to reply anyway so that you know that we care about you here, and that people are thinking of you!

You say 'it's coming to that point where I don't care about my life anymore'. It's SO good that you're able to realise how you feel and are seeking help - that's a great step. You're actively doing something to help yourself, and that's massive - give yourself some credit!

As for ideas that can keep you afloat, Jo7 gave you some great ones. We had a positive chat last night so here are a few ideas that i've dug out to share with you that others and myself find helpful to pick us up when we don't feel great:

- building a fort (tent type thing) and taking some time out to chill by yourself with a book or music
    - positive jars (so writing down on paper some really good things about life, your day e.g 'I have great friends who care about me'
    - Scrapbooks (scrapbooking lots of photo's, letters, cards to make you smile)
    - Reading
    - Audio Books
    - Music
    - Trashy TV or films (Miranda is always a pick me up if I feel down!)
    - Reading back on happy texts, Facebook messages, Emails

There's also more practical things that can pick you up:

- A nice hot bath (time to relax and take some 'me time')
    - Fresh air, going for a walk, exercise
    - A balanced diet (eating well makes a massive difference to how we feel)
    - Talking (you've made a great start here!)

Samaritans are always available to call, text or email - many people find them very helpful!

http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

Hope you feel brighter soon

Hug