Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Spine Cyst/Tumour

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyon remember my previous post about a cyst/tumour on my spine that was thought to be a chordoma tumour on my brain? Well I just had a radionuclide scan on my head, I was injected with Iodine 131 (Radioiodine) and I had to wait 3 hours and drink a lot of water within those 3 hours to wash the drug through my system. I had the scan which was done with a gamma camera, yes the drug gives off gamma rays meaning I had to stay away from children and pregnant women for atleast 24 hours. I am also waiting for a CT scan which is on the 24th this month and an MRI scan which is on the 3rd of April. They still don't know what it is but they have definately confirm that the mass has growth within my spine and swelled the top of my spine.

I am on 5-7 different medications every day, in the morning when I take up I've to take 1x omeprazole, 2x Paracetamol, 2x Tramadol and 1x Naproxen, I have also to take a Naproxen at midday along with the 2x Tramadol and 2x Paracetamol and at night before bed I've to take 2x Amitriptyline along with the 2x Paracetamol and 2x Tramadol. I've also to take both the 2x Tramadol and 2x Paracetamol every 4 hours. Yes my pain is still severely chronic and there are also complications for when I start hormone therapy, they do not know if this mass is sensative to hormones however I was promised that the gender therapists will try to work with my neurologist about getting me on closer monitoring so that if it starts growing while on the hormones they will know right away.

They haven't ruled out cancer and they said that my radionuclide scan if it shows any abnormal activity then the activity could be a big number of things and that I will have to go in for yet another biopsy so that they can take some more tissue from the mass and perform more tests.

I've been on antibiotics again (Amoxicilin), had to take one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one at night each day due to possibility of a nasal infection, they do not know if I actually have an infection up there but based on my recent symptoms it is possible. My symptoms are that I can tastes something vile from anything the mucas that discards from my nasal cavity and it also stinks. I was also able to remove shards of broken cartilage which has been sent off to a lab for testing, this cartilage had gray stuff on it that stunk and tasted very bad.

I also have Lactulose but havent been needing it once because my medication has had no side effects at all and never has had side effects, even the morphine I was put on in the past had no side effects on me, weird right? I have semi-tolerant to anesthetic too like I recovered from it's side effects on same day after my biopsy.

I don't know if I mentioned it but I had an operation on my ears, the mass had grown soo big it collapsed my ear canals so I went severely deaf that I even had to wear a headset when watching TV due to how loud I needed it and it was impossible to have a verbal conversation with me. My eyes have recovered from when I went crosseyed too. and my palsy symptoms have vanished.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you find out what it is soon and can get it treated.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you find out what it is soon and can get it treated.
    Me too, I've been able to trigger a pain in the back of my head by moving my eyes.
  • Options
    Oh dear. :( I've been told I have cysts on my brain. But no-one seems overly bothered about them and keeps telling me my headaches have nothing to do with them.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Oh dear. :( I've been told I have cysts on my brain. But no-one seems overly bothered about them and keeps telling me my headaches have nothing to do with them.
    That has got to be annoying.
  • Options
    XHelenBX wrote: »
    That has got to be annoying.

It is, yes! They just keep chucking medication at me instead of trying to work out why I'm in so much pain. Blood tests and MRI was unchanged / normal; so they've just left it.