Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Desk/Office job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone,

I started my new job on Monday and it seems like a great place to work, lots of room to move up.

Im used to being on my feet all day though and always having something to do, and im bit worried that ill become either really really bored (i havent started training yet so im not sure of actual workload), fat and lazy from sitting on my bum all the live long day or just a boring person who goes desk-home-desk-home-desk-home.

Anyone else with this sort of scenario and what do you do to keep yourself entertained and fit? Ive already looked up times for local zumba and aqua zumba classes

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd say it's a good thing you've spotted this now, when I switched from a (semi) active job to a desk job I put on weight without really realising it.

Proactively doing exercise is a good plan, that and watch out for how many snacks/cakes/biscuits there are around the office. Some never have any, others seem to permanently have someone bringing something in which can easily turn into eating a sizeable portion of cake every day.