Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Urge

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have the urge to cut now i have decided to break up with my boyfriend its been a month but its not working and so much is going on in my life. I dont know what todo help!:crying:

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey WillowTree,

How are you doing? :) - Dealing with breakups can be awfully difficult, however, it's about taking it one step at a time, and allowing yourself to express the feelings, I know a variety of people cope differently, I prefer ranting at friends about him, and picking up on fault in the relationship, etc. However, it's important to treat yourself nicely after the breakup, treat yourself with ice cream, and remember, it's okay to cry and let it out. However, starting off with it can be okay, however, long term, it isn't always the best way to cope.

It might be about letting yourself get back out there, not dating, but rather joining social clubs, and maybe taking on more volunteering etc. Even though the pain hurts now, it will be okay soon, and you will have us supporting you along the way! I'm just wondering whether you currently get any support offline with how you're feeling, or even your self harm?

I know you've had contact with ChildLine and Samaritans in the past, do you thinking having a 1-2-1 conversations about your feelings will help, or just having a shoulder to lean on and be heard? I know that's something I often need to ease myself through difficult moments.

TheSite.org also have a fab article on Dealing with Self Harm urges that you might want to take a peak at! Do you have coping tips and techniques that have helped you in the past when you've had the urge to self harm?

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    there is so much and i dont think people understand why im doing it im thinking on my safety level it would be good but i have decided to tell him in a letter that i will write and give to him next week.i havent cut in 4 days and im close to and i do talk to someone so it sort of helps.i never look after myself but when it comes to my safety then i have to realize that i have to make sure i dont do anything.