Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bullied in Training

AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
Hey guys I'm Kayden I'm nearly 19.
I go to training (Princes) because I'm unable to go to college due to MH issues also including self esteem issues and low confidence. I posted on one of my threads about one incident that happened a few weeks ago.

This is what happened today - I got to training at 10:35am, I walked in and was asked to sign in so I signed in and the girl that started a few weeks ago shouted in front of ALL young people and staff 'excuse me. You know cuse ur transgender' I knew where it was going so I started to walk away and she shouted 'oi don't walk away from me I want to ask u a question' so I said no and a staff member came between us and told her to stop so she said 'all I wanna do is ask a question' so I asked what she wanted and in front of everyone she goes 'are you a girl wanting to be a boy or a boy wanting to be a girl' and laughed in my face, the staff member was still between us and she told her to leave me alone, I told the girl I told her twice 2 weeks ago and she was shouting at me that she didn't.. I walked away and she was following me shouting 'I'm asking u a question, don't walk away from me, fucking rude' so the staff stopped her and I went in the bathroom and cried cuse I had only been there for 5 mins and I knew it was only the start.

Staff came to get me out of the bathroom and took me out for a fag, we went back in and all I heard was her talking about me to ALL the young people, the staff that was with me went in and told her to stop it while I waited outside the door and she turned around saying she aint staying in the same class as me (because I'm transgender) so they took her upstairs to speak to someone in charge about her bullying. I went back outside crying and staff came out to see if I was okay.

I was quiet the whole day and didn't speak to anyone. I left early because I didn't want to stay any longer.. I'm scared of going back tomorrow incase she is there (different people everytime u go there)

But I'm scared of going back and don't know what to do ;( I can't take anymore homophobic related bullying.. I'm scared..

Kayden xx

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Kayden, just a quick reply because I'm on the move and my phone isn't great; I wondered if you know of Gendered Intelligence? They're a great organisation with youth groups for young trans* people, perhaps they would be able to direct you to some support from people who understand?

You sound like a very strong person, good luck.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi KaydenK,

So sorry you had such an awful day *hug*

It's not easy at all to go through this, especially with people who are clearly ignorant and bullies - piccolo is right; you are a very strong person.

It seems like the staff are trying to keep her away from you and have been supportive :yes: - it's always important to feel like you are safe and can speak to them.
    Is there anyone else you feel you can speak to? friends or family? Sometimes speaking to people outside of the training could help you feel you are not alone. Here is a story on thesite from a young person that dealt with bullying at college, that could help.

Here is the link for Gendered intelligence that piccolo suggested - and also have a look at the Beaumont society that has help and support for the transgendered community.

Keep strong and do let us know how you get on *hug*