Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

crying.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had this overwhelming urge to cry all day, and all last night, so it seems to be an ongoing thing, but it was an urge I was able to fight, until around half past six this afternoon. I remember the time because I was watching a programme, and something made the tears start pouring. Stupid, I know.

Since then I haven't stopped crying on and off and I hate it. Right now, I'm lay here, trying to take deep breaths. I guess it's kind of working but things keep setting me off again.

People say it's okay to cry, but not in my case. I don't want to cry, it's not okay and I want to stop. How can I stop?

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey there Butterfly,

How are you doing? :) - I say, if you have this overwhelming urge to cry, just cry, allow yourself to express that emotion, as you're human, you'll have moments which are amazing, and ones that are down, and even ones that are haywire. Fighting it really won't help either, as you'll have to let it out sometime!

When we are struggling, and cooping it up, the littlest triggers can really set us off in to tears, without us really knowing why! With women most people blame hormones! However I know that the tears being on and off can also be rather frustrating, I'm just pondering how you allowed yourself to go out, and have a change of environment, how did that make you feel? I know staying in my room doesn't help the way I am, and having some fresh air can really be good, and I heard it's great for your skin to!

So, stopping crying is insanity ;) - It's often a very strong coping mechanism, and it's okay to cry, and also allow yourself to look at other ways to cope to and treat yourself, like to a Mindful cup of tea? :)

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Just wanted to reply.. Whispersoftheheart has given you some great advice. So I wont repeat.

But just wanted to give you a *hug* :heart:

Stay strong, and remember I am always here for you.

Love youuu :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Hey there Butterfly,

How are you doing? :) - I say, if you have this overwhelming urge to cry, just cry, allow yourself to express that emotion, as you're human, you'll have moments which are amazing, and ones that are down, and even ones that are haywire. Fighting it really won't help either, as you'll have to let it out sometime!

When we are struggling, and cooping it up, the littlest triggers can really set us off in to tears, without us really knowing why! With women most people blame hormones! However I know that the tears being on and off can also be rather frustrating, I'm just pondering how you allowed yourself to go out, and have a change of environment, how did that make you feel? I know staying in my room doesn't help the way I am, and having some fresh air can really be good, and I heard it's great for your skin to!

So, stopping crying is insanity ;) - It's often a very strong coping mechanism, and it's okay to cry, and also allow yourself to look at other ways to cope to and treat yourself, like to a Mindful cup of tea? :)

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart

I'm not great at the moment, urge to cry a lot but still trying to hold it in, but I say that over the last couple of days it really is my own fault.

Going out is the last thing on my mind, I will but only if I have to. Recently I've just felt cold all of the time anyway so I don't want fresh air.

I'm finding it hard to look after myself, not that I care. I just keep realising that I have forgotton to do something important like getting a drink. Yesterday I didn't have a drink until just gone five in the afternoon, today I didn't have one until around two in the afternoon.

I haven't had a Mindful cup of tea for a little while, I don't know, what's the point.
  • Options
    Just wanted to reply.. Whispersoftheheart has given you some great advice. So I wont repeat.

But just wanted to give you a *hug* :heart:

Stay strong, and remember I am always here for you.

Love youuu :heart:

Thanks, here for you too. Love you too.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks, here for you too. Love you too.

Thank you lots <3
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi butterfly - it sounds like you didn't have the easiest weekend. How are you today?

I really agree with WOTH:

If you're feeling cold inside, then maybe some exercise - a walk to the shops for example - might help warm you up a bit? Or at least, getting back home might! I know for some people, getting out can really help. Maybe you could try noticing all the beautiful things outside? Nice buildings, trees, birds (or even the sun if there is any!) - I know I find that really soothing when everything gets a bit much.

Let us know how you're doing :)
  • Options
    I don't know.

Would rather just curl up in a ball and waste away.
  • Options
    I don't know.

Would rather just curl up in a ball and waste away.

Sorry I haven't been around to be able to comment and see anything. You are stronger than you think and have shown that from all the support you have been giving to other users. Have you been using mindfullness at all as I know that can help sometimes? <3