Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
lately ive been having trouble sleeping and i dont know what todo. when i do fall asleep its around 1-2am in the morning

Comments

• Options
    PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand
    Hey Willowtree

Sorry that you are having problems sleeping, it can be really frustrating lying bed trying to nod off and you just can't! :crazyeyes

Have you had a look at this article from TheSite http://www.thesite.org/your-body/sleeping/insomnia-6541.html it has some good tips and advice.

Is there anything that is worrying you? I often find then when I can't sleep there is something I am thinking about or stressed about, often I didn't even realise I was stressed by it until I try to switch off and sleep.

If there is anything on your mind remember the community on the boards is here to offer you support *hug*

x
  • Options
    there is alot going on yet ive never had this much trouble with sleeping before
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Willowtree is there anyone you can talk to about what's going on? Or do you want to share any more here about what is on your mind?

I guess sometimes our stress and worries can show itself in different ways.

If you are worried about the lack of sleep you are getting remember you can always talk to your GP.
  • Options
    i have people to talk to and i am really loosing the battle about caring for myself right now im not bothered anymore
  • Options
    Is there something that has happened that is making you feel that you are no longer bothered? It's great that you have people you can turn to for support, do they know how you're feeling at the moment? Maybe they can help you to feel a bit more like you can win 'the battle'.

Sometimes the little things can really help with sleep, for example a nice warm bath, meditation, a warm (caffeine free) drink or your favourite soothing song might help you nod off, but also gives you a little bit of 'me time'- some time where you can take care of yourself and try to switch off and relax.

x
  • Options
    alot is going on at home its very stressful and im not coping with it very well im back cutting not just a relapse they dont know how i feel i havent spoken to them yet so and i feel the battle is almost over
  • Options
    Hey willowtree - you mention that you haven't spoken to them yet. What would it be like to tell them how things are for you at the moment? You don't have to tell them everything if you don't feel ready but you could let them know how stressed you've been and how it's affecting your sleep to start with?

Have you had any support around your self harm in the past?

You might find TESS a useful service to try - they provide text and email support in the evenings, here's a link to their website: http://www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk/tess-text-and-email-support-service

Are you managing to do things that you enjoy? As PGreen mentioned - small things to give you a bit of 'me time' can help you to cope with stress - a walk in the fresh air, watching a film or doing something to help you relax.

Let us know how you're getting on, we're here to listen and offer support if you want to share a bit more about what's causing the stress at home.

Big hugs *hug*