Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Yorkshire Puddings, we don't eat enough of them!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I seem to be the only person I know who cooks and eats them without either a full roast beef or chicken dinner.

You can't have too many, as far as I'm concerned :D They make a superb accompaniment, or even replacement to potatoes, with virtually any meaty dish. Including fish, and scampi, minced beef or lamb, casseroles, bacon and pork, cooked wet or dry, shanks and shoulders, stews, fried breakfasts, curries and cold cuts!

I cry silent tears of inconsolable sadness when someone doesn't serve them up with a roast ;) but I could eat them with just about anything! :yippe:

Tonight I shall be filling them with frozen kebab meat, squashing them flat, inserting them into oven heated tacos and sprinkling with cheese, shredded lettuce and grated carrots... Which might not be to everyone's taste ;) but will certainly do for my main meal of the day :)

Comments

• Options
    I do like a good yorkie, but not quite like that! Tbh there not exactly a healthy food if you're looking to eat healthily though!
  • Options
    Tonight I shall be filling them with frozen kebab meat, squashing them flat, inserting them into oven heated tacos and sprinkling with cheese, shredded lettuce and grated carrots

If that's what you like to eat, then that's what you like...

:yuck:
  • Options
    Healthy or not...

Primarily a flour based and baked food, why are they that unhealthy? They seem to go well with everything, although the main thrust of the thread is that not many people seem to make them, which has always intrigued me and a few others, as they are so incredibly delicious.
  • Options
    Oh...

Oh, and Butterfly, I agree. Yorkies in tacos stuffed with nasty kebab meat and cheese is a far cry from a sensible dinner, but it certainly hits the spot - probably not a terribly good cornerstone to a nutritious diet with all the cheese, though.