Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Going out alone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Who here likes occasionally going out alone, whether its to the cinema, the bar etc. Never done it before but the idea appeals to me. Is it considered strange? I very rarely see people alone in these places.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I much prefer it. It means I can do what I want, etc.
    Going out alone

Hi I can not go out alone at night I am deaf and to scared to leave the house at night,
    Even during the day I go out but I hate people walking behind me it scares me,
    Snoopy61:wave:
    I go shopping and to coffee shops on my own a lot. I always notice a lot of people having coffee alone I don't think it's uncommon, but even if it was considered strange to go out alone if it's what you prefer then go for it!
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I've noticed it's quite common to go to places alone, you have quite a few people in the pub who often go alone, and talk to strangers they just meet there and then, kinda thing! However, going to the cinema alone is pretty normal to, you can generally watch it without having your friends being a pain, which is always amazing, if you rarely see people in those places, you just gotta look closer ;) It's often a thing of social places like pubs, for people to just meet people, and lodes go shopping alone, and it's just easier to get it done that way!
    Just moving this into Travel & Freetime :)
    I'll goto the cinema alone quite regularly. I work shifts so I'll often be at a loose end on a weekday morning whilst my wife is at work. So I'll go watch a movie. It's cheaper and I don't have to worry about snot nose little shits talking all the way through it.